MTL.... Sunday (8/6)....

jewelcrown
on 8/6/06 12:04 am
Good morning... I'm trying something radical today to get my body unattached to carbs and sugar! I'm doing all liquids today... I have one resolve.... I won't give up. I can't go back to 232! I absolutely can't go back to 326! I won't give up... Today's plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks: AchievOne (6) Crystal Lite Nutrition: 865 Calories 7 Fat 30 Carbs 120 Protein Exercise: 25 minutes Pilates 1 hr walking Have a great day!!! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/06 12:49 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have a plan today, but it's not one that ANYONE would pat me on the back and say "Great Job!" I made a double batch of spaghetti for dinner last night (without meat, so no protein) for us to have for dinner last night and for all our meals today. It just seemed easier than dirtying up a whole bunch of dishes before we leave in the morning. So that's my plan...pasta, pasta, pasta. I might have a shake or protein bar for a snack, just to cover my bases. Someone from the August 2004 board emailed me last night. She admires those of us who are struggling and keep plugging away at it, despite facing those "tough love" characters who sometimes make us feel crappy about it. She said her own board isn't very supportive, so I told her she could join us if she wanted. What really interested me was when she said that we should as OH to start a "More to Lose" forum for those of us with...duh. What does anyone else think about that? A place for people like us, struggling just like us, to go where there's a lot of support, instead of just the two or three we each have in our surgery date forums. Well, I suppose I will go have my protein shake soon! I still have some packing, cleaning, and grocery shopping to do today, so I'll need the energy. The really good thing is that I was back down to 223, so now I'm only 5 above my lowest and I'm STILL puffy. I intend to come back from vacation having not gained anything, and then school will start and I will FINALLY be back into my routine. I SOOOOO need to get back on the healthy eating road so that it's easy for me to stick to it when I finally get pregnant. Okay, so I'm done writing now. What would you guys think if I DIDN'T write so much? Have a great week! Pamela
jewelcrown
on 8/6/06 1:05 am
Hi Pamela! I'm so glad you're on the train... and I love your posts!!! I think a global MTL spot would be nice. Although I'd add the caveat that the folks who can participate must be at least 12 months out... otherwise, it would be a board full of newbies. I'm not in the mood to hear newbies cry about a 30 day plateau. Okay, so I'm not the compassionate one for newbies right now... I'm too jealous of their opporunity to take advantage of the early days!!! Okay... so I'm turning green!!! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/06 3:35 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Let's make it 18 months post-op and call it the "Honeymoon's Over" board. I'm not compassionate toward newbies, either. How DARE they complain that they ONLY lost 75 lbs in the first 3 months! I took me 6 months to reach that, and another 6 months to lose another 25 lbs. What about the people who are only 2 months out who are afraid they've ruined their pouch because they ate a 1/2 cup of rice? Give me a freaking break! And the lightweights! Some of them lost faster than I did, and they're STILL whining about it. Can't you tell I'm bitter? LOL! I'll email OH...if you do the same, maybe they'll actually put up a new forum for us. Pamela
IrishIze
on 8/6/06 9:46 am - NJ
Hi Denise - I don't have a plan today, but I think I'm going to follow your lead and just do liquids tomorrow. I think it's the best way to get the yucky carbs and sugar out of our systems and break that nasty spell. I have some Unjury at work that I'll add to my lemonade, then maybe Carb Countdown with Isopure protein powder at dinnertime. See you girls manana! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views