AFRAID

ChanteFoster
on 7/24/06 11:59 am - north little rock, AR
There is so much that I hear about this type of surgery...The most thing that bother me the most is to sucessfully lose the weight and be stuck with the ugly night mare of sagging skin...I have done my research and I found that I a lot of protein will need to be consume to help maintain muscle. Overall, maybe it is an excuse to back out because I am scared. Should I be concern..I look at alot of the before and after pics.. they look pretty good.. HELP ME EASE MY WORRYING MIND
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 10:21 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Yes, skin can be an issue. There are so many factors involved in whether or not you will be left with a lot of extra skin, that it's almost impossible to imagine what you might end up with. A) Your age plays a big role...the younger you are, the more elastic your skin. B) The longer you've been overweight, the more likely you are to have hanging skin. C) The more overweight you are, the more your skin has been stretched and has a harder time snapping back. D) Genetics...is your skin naturally elastic? E) Losing weight very fast...sometimes slower gives the skin a chance to recover. As you can see, there is no clear-cut answer. If you're looking for an excuse to back out, then maybe you really aren't ready for this surgery. Most people who choose this surgery realize that having extra skin and being healthy is much better than staying fat. Until you are in the mindset that this is about living a long and healthy life and NOT about looking good, you might want to put surgery on hold. Good luck! Pamela 352/218/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views