I'm B-A-A-C-K

IrishIze
on 7/21/06 11:30 pm - NJ
Hi to all of my July baby friends! I'm back from vacation in beautiful Cape Breton, Nova Scotia - what a blast I had! I saw whales up close, a moose and a bear! I also saw some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable and met so many truly nice people. I did OK eating-wise; we were so busy I didn't have time to snack too much; although I did get addicted to oat cakes - they are little short bread like crackers/cookies that you can buy everywhere you go (even gas stations!). I had one for breakfast with peanut butter and slices of banana every morning!! At restaurants I made good choices, but got sick a couple of times from chicken or beef that was too dry - you can't get a rare hamburger in Canada. The morning I left I weighte 170, and when I got back I was 169, so I can't complain about that! I'm going to take some time to read what's been going on here - looks like it's been a slow week - I guess that happens in the summer with vacations, etc. So, how's everyone doing???? Hugs, Nancy
on my W.
on 7/21/06 11:52 pm - Canada
Oh Nancy, Love those oat cakes....congratulations of maintaining that weight...good for you. I was 160 this morning and was a little down because yesterday was my 2 year anniversay and I wanted to drop those last 11 pounds but today is a new day and we will get there. I know it is only 11 and I am childish to worry but there is something about the big 2 year mark that makes me feel that we are at the end of our road and if it is not gone by now...it never will be. I know that is silly.....anyway glad to hear that Nova Scotia was great. I bet you heard a lot of great music. I am off to a wedding today so gotta go......have a great weekend. Hugs to all, Karen 290 something/ 160 / 149
IrishIze
on 7/22/06 1:10 am - NJ
Karen - you're right - I heard lots of great music - went to a few ceiliedh's and danced up a storm! My niece played at a few places too - I was so proud!! We went to the Louisbourg fort and that was fascinating; also did the Alexander Graham Bell museum on a rainy day. I think we saw most of the island!! My sister bought a house and 75 acres on Lake Ainslie that is just beautiful. Did the entire Cabot Trail and most of the Ceileidh Trail - I love that there is music and dancing wherever you go!! Enjoy the wedding - hey, starting on Monday lets make a concerted effort to get to our personal goals - OK? Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/22/06 12:49 am - Oxnard, CA
Boy were you missed!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a busy busy week for me!!! I did okay eating but too many special occasions. Yikes!!!! Welcome welcome back!!!! Love ya!!!! Michelle
IrishIze
on 7/22/06 1:12 am - NJ
Missed you too, Michelle! Monday I'm getting back to the business of getting to goal... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views