MTL Sunday

jewelcrown
on 7/15/06 11:18 pm
Good morning, July babies: I haven't been doing too much planning the last few days. I've had out of town company. Been doing the tourist thing all around St. Louis. I did something crazy the other night... I danced on stage with Chuck Berry! So I have been getting exercise!!! For someone who's got to be 80 or more, Chuck has stamina! I on the other hand couldn't wait for the song to end, my legs hurt! So here's today's plan (my company has gone home): Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Snack: AchievOne Lunch: South Beach - Cashew Chicken Snack: AchievOne Dinner: Ground turkey Snack: Sugar free popsicles Nutrition: 1019 Calories 31 Fat 48 Carb 117 Protein Exercise: 25 minutes Pilates
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 12:15 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Denise, I was WONDERING where you've been! I like doing the tourist thing...sometimes my husband and I take Caitlin up to the city and hit all the hot spots that are child-friendly. It's always a lot of fun! My sister had her baby last night (11pm Germany time). His name is Evan Andrew, and according to my BIL, he was actually about 1 1/2 weeks larger than he should have been, so the doctors don't think he was early at all. Mom and baby are doing fine, and Aunt Pammy did NOT have the meltdown that I thought would be inevitable. They had their baby, and the world did not stop turning. I found a fibroid support group, and the more I read, the more I know that I am going to be just fine. So now I'm just waiting until I'm fixed up and can move on to trying for that baby. The waiting kind of sucks...babies are all I think about! Hopefully once school starts and I'm back at work, I'll be pretty busy so that I won't ENTIRELY be consumed with having a baby. And who knows...by Christmas, I could be pregnant. Boy I hope so! So eating didn't turn out as I planned yesterday. Darned birthday party! So I have to pick myself up and try AGAIN. Oh well, I have nothing but time! B: english muffin L: tuna sandwich D: microwave meal S: crackers, apple, string cheese Excercise: Yeah, I'm going to do this...probably the treadmill, maybe some swimming this afternoon. Cheers! Pamela
jewelcrown
on 7/16/06 1:37 am
Hey Pamela!!! I think you'll conceive in time. Fibroids are very common and the medical advances that have been made to date are outstanding. I was not supposed to be able to have any kids. I had just accepted it. I had 38 fibroids of all different sizes (one as large as a canteloupe) and to everyone's surprise, I conceived! It gets worse, I was told to get my affairs in order, because I probably wouldn't make it. Okay, now I'm crying my head off. I wasn't ready to check out!!! So.. I get a second, third, fourth, fifth on up to 8th opinion. I find a doctor who tells me I'm not going to die, but I probably won't have a baby. I will miscarry... so... I don't allow myself to get attached to the baby inside me. Well... 3 months go forward and I'm still pregnant... The baby is growing and so are the fibroids. At 3 months I looked like I was 6 months!! I ask the doctor what gives... I'm tired of being pregnant and if I'm not going to be able to have this baby... let's evict her! I'm tired. Well, God had a different plan. So it was decided that I would carry the baby, but there was no way I'd go full term since the fibroids are growing along with her. She was due in September, but the doctor's said she'd arrive in July. I have two aminiocenthesis (spelling?)... why? because most babies run from the long needle that is invading their space, my nosy child ran towards it. On the second try, I yelled at her to move and the doctor was able to complete the procedure. I've been yelling at her every since! The amnio brought back what was thought to be bad news... one of the chromosones was broken. So I was told that my child would have issues. July came... no baby... I was living in Denver at the time and in graduate school... My mom came and spent a month with us in anticapation of this baby. My mom went home in August. Still no baby. I told the doctor, my mom is leaving... get this baby out of me!!! By my 8th month I looked as if I were going to give birth to triplets... fibroids were continuing to grow. Finally on Sept 2, the doctor induced labor because my daughter was rolling on her chord. I went through 14 hours of labor to have them do a C-section. I heard the doctor exclaim that he was amazed that my daughter survived amongst all those fibroids. She survived doing jumping jacks in my body. While most kid*****h with one limb, my child punched with all limbs! Now, roll forward 13 years. I'm still here.. I didn't check out! I've got a healthy vibrant child who works my last nerve on occasion. I think that's normal for a teenager. The moral to this long post ... it is absolutely possible that you could get pregnant in spite of the obstacles you have to go through and have a healthy baby. By the way, it turns out that one of my chromosones (same one as my daughter) is broken. We're both okay... Keep the faith and positive thoughts... You're in my prayers... Hugs! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 2:25 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
WOW! What an ordeal you went through! I'm glad that it all came out okay...what would we have done without you? Did you have the fibroids removed, or did they wind up taking your uterus out? Here I'm all worried about 1 fibroid, and you had 38! Thank you for sharing your story...it gives me hope! Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views