MTL Thursday

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/06 1:58 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I had an operative hysteroscopy this morning. My RE got in there and discovered that it's a GIANT fibroid. Because we were at a surgery center and not a hospital, he had to leave it in there. He thinks it's still a straightforward snip, snip, but he was worried about potential blood loss because it's so large. I have a consult with yet another doctor on July 24, who I guess will decide what he should do. The only thing I know is that around July 24 is when my next cycle begins, so it looks like August is out, too, because who knows WHEN I'll have this thing removed. It's just one fibroid, so I don't think I'll need a myomectomy, but I don't know if they'll need to do a hysteroscopy again or a lap surgery. I know nothing. This sucks. Anyway, my emotions have taken over and I couldn't care less about healthy eating or exercising right now. Just thought I'd put this post on here for the rest of you...and so I could keep feeling sorry for myself. Pamela
on my W.
on 7/13/06 7:35 am - Canada
Oh Pamela, So sorry to hear about this morning. Try not to worry. You said yourself..."I know nothing"....so take that as a time that you can't worry....just leave those worries on a shelf and know that there is nothing that can be done this month. I know it must be hard but take the next few weeks try to worry only about yourself and healthy choices......you will find that it will all work out and they will get that nasty fibroid out....all in time. I use to have a poster on my classroom wall for my high school students and it said "remember...you are always exactly where you need to be....not your plan...God's plan". It must be terrible but it seems it is a step by step process to get you better and you need to see this new doctor because he is the one that will help. Vent anytime.....you will get exactly where you need to be.....hugs from all of your buddies... Karen.
IrishIze
on 7/21/06 11:44 pm - NJ
Hi Pamela - I'm so sorry to hear about your having to put things on hold, but thank goodness it's something that's treatable. I know how disappointing it must be, but I agree with Karen - we're where we're supposed to be at any given time. The most important thing is to have this fibroid removed and give yourself enough time to heal. Take care of yourself and try to look at this as preparing a healthy place to grow your precious baby..... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views