MTL Sunday

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/06 5:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Emotionally, I'm doing better. I'm kind of nervous about my upcoming hysteroscopy (a surgery) because they're going to use light anesthesia to perform the procedure. I'm hoping that they don't find anything that can't be easily dealt with. I'm hoping for uterine polyps or one type of fibroid which are easy to remove and won't affect my fertility. I'm so afraid I'll wake up and be told that I'll never have another baby. Instead of focusing on what I can't control (the baby issues), I'm going to fixate on my weight loss (at least, that's the plan). Since it will be, at the very least, another 4 weeks before I will be allowed to try having a baby, that's 4 weeks I can use to try getting my body into better shape. I really need to get back into my exercise routine and focus on healthy foods. Here's my Sunday's plan (some of which has already been eaten): B: chicken wrap L: tuna salad (healthy way), 2 slices of bread D: ravioli lasagna (portion controlled, homemade) S: string cheese, 2 crackers, cottage cheese Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill, weight machine Vitamins are in, and I'm working on water. It's going to be okay... Pamela
Irene S.
on 7/9/06 6:08 am - NJ
Hi Pamela, Is this the hysterosalpingogogram that you were mentioning in previous posts or another test? I've had the hsp without anesthesia. It wasn't bad. No matter what - you will take one thing at a time - and deal with it - one thing at a time. I definitely will keep good thoughts coming your way that it's a snap for the test AND that you get good results. Hang in there as you're doing, and focus on the things you have control over. It IS going to be okay! Irene
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/06 9:50 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Irene, no I already had the hysterosalpingogogram (HSG). It showed that my fallopian tubes were open, but that there was a growth of some kind that was extending into my uterine cavity. My doctor thinks it's probably polyps or fibroids, both of which usually don't affect fertility. In my case, the doctor thinks the growth (or growths) are taking up too much room...a baby won't be able to grow properly and will result in miscarriage, if it's able to implant at all. SO...I have to have an operative hysteroscopy. Same access as an HSG, except this time, they use a telescope and very tiny tools to surgically remove the growths. I was told by the nurse that because these are inside my uterus, there's only a 0.1% chance that it's cancerous. Mostly, I'm just afraid that the doctor will decide that there's no way I can ever have another child. I know that's pretty much worst-case scenario. Chances are, it's all going to be just fine. Polyps and fibroids are quite common, and women have them removed and have babies all the time. I just always assume the worst! ANYWAY...I'm off to the treadmill! Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views