Yes, I'm a lurker! Thanks for helping not feel so alone!

Freve
on 7/7/06 4:53 am - Rio Rancho, NM
I've only posted a few times, and that was almost a year ago while we still lived in Alaska. We moved to New Mexico last August and I've been struggling with those eternal food demons ever since. I've read past posts with interest, almost made me afraid to spell out any of my habits, because yes I am still struggling. My emotional habits that made me fat to begin with were not made smaller by the surgery, I still have the mind and habits of a 298 pound person! I don't take my vitamins, though I do get my calcium in because I manage a coffee shop and a big soy latte [okay also has cocoa and cinnamon in it ] is my friend, I usually only manage one regular meal a day, and often my food intake for the day consists of chips, popcorn, candy and cheese and much to my dismay the only sweet that makes me "dump" is excessive amounts of ice cream. I vomit regularly because I go too long without eating and then I eat too fast. I do manage to get in at least 8 cups of liquid a day, and I do not eat and drink at the same time and always wait about an hour after I eat to drink anything. Am I doing lots wrong absolutely, and I've felt ever so much alone, like I'm a failure, but thanks to this board, I know I'm not alone, I might still be a failure, but I know I'm not alone in my struggles. Thank You! Please explain to me the more to lose food postings. Do I post what I hope to eat for the day, or do I post what I plan to eat the next day! Fran 298/147/130
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/7/06 5:47 am - Oxnard, CA
HI Fran! So glad you have posted! And yes we do very much STRUGGLE and for some of us it will probably always be a struggle. Please continue to post, you are so welcome here, the people on our board are just awesome! It is through positive support that we provide each other that we will prevail in our battle against food. Our more to lose posts are what we ate the previous day and our plan for the current day. It helps me to see what I planned and if I didn't stick to what I had planned and adjust from there. I find it very helpful and I just love my July surgery sisters here. Again, welcome welcome welcome!!! Where in AK did you live? I lived there about 6 1/2 years and left in 2000! Michelle
Freve
on 7/7/06 12:25 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
Thanks for explaining the MTL posts, it would probably be a good idea for me to participate, sometimes the day comes to an end and I'm stunned at the "grazing" I've done all day. We lived in North Pole(we both worked in Fairbanks) from Aug 96 to Feb 99, then from Sept 2000 to Aug 2005. We spent that year and half in between Alaska sessions in Washington. Our oldest son became ill and we were transferred for his treatment, anyway that's a whole long story, that doesn't go on this board! Now here we are in New Mexico, loving the weather, except I'm too embarrassed to wear sleeves that are too short or shorts that are too short, so needless to say, I've had a couple of very hot days! Fran
Monna W.
on 7/12/06 5:09 am - Susanville, CA
Fran, So glad you are posting on this board. The people here are great! I was raised in Albuquerque and my sister still lives there. I sometimes miss it. I still struglle and am nowhere near my goal. That being said, I have never regretted my decision to have the surgery. The MTL thread can be a big help--I suggest trying it. I posted dailt for about 3 months and had to quit because I found myself obsrssing about food just like I did pre-surgery. I still follow the posts on a regulsr basis and am always inspired. Monna 389/215/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views