MTL Support Group...Thursday, 6/29

IrishIze
on 6/29/06 2:00 am - NJ
OK - so where is everyone???? Teah? Pamela? Michelle? Denise, I know you were here yesterday, but where the heck is everyone else in my support group???? I went off a bit yesterday - we had a food tasting here at work and despite my good intentions, I ate a few things I shouldn't have. I stayed pretty good - sampling the grilled chicken and baked salmon, but I just couldn't resist the ~ get this ~ Deep Fried cheesecake! Luckily the pieces were only about 1 inch, but I had two. To be perfectly honest, I would have preferred a taste of regular cheesecake. Unfortunately, (or fortunately), I ate the fish a bit too quickly and got sick. I also had my 2 year surgeon's visit. He's thrilled with my success and the only problem is that my iron is pretty low, so I have to start taking supplements. He told me that he thinks I am at a great weight - in his estimation, the excess skin is adding about 7-10 lbs. more to my weight. So all in all, I feel pretty good. Here's today's plan: B: Isopure protein drink L: Unjury in lemonade D: Turkey burger with cheese, green salad with onion, tomato and SF dressing Snacks: Power Crunch bar Happy Herb kamut pretzels Totals: Calories: 781 Carbs: 26 Protein: 80 Hope to see everyone back here soon!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/29/06 3:30 am - Oxnard, CA
I'm here sweet cheeks!!! I just had my blood work done and I'm a bit low on the iron too! Anyway, eating was good yesterday! B: I didn't eat anything (no time) S: Strawberries sprinkled with splenda L: Chicken taco S: didn't have one D: Grilled Chicken Wings (yum) and small salad. Today's plan B: Protein bar that is sitting here looking at me. LOL Need to eat it. S: Cherries (I love it when these are in season) L: Grilled Chicken S: Not sure D: Hmm have to think on this one, forgot to take anything out of the freezer. LOL I feel good, just need to get back to exercising now that my back isn't hurting!! Have a great day! Michelle
IrishIze
on 6/29/06 4:00 am - NJ
Hi Michelle - Oooh, cherries - they're my new favorite thing! I sprinkle a bit of Splenda on them sometimes - it helps satisfy a craving for sweets! Hugs, N.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/29/06 5:29 am - Oxnard, CA
Oooh me too about the cherries, I can just eat eat eat them, so I have to be careful. Hey where do you buy your power crunch bars? Have you tried the new chocolate bars that have protein in them from the same company?? Just curious! M
IrishIze
on 6/29/06 5:54 am - NJ
I get my Power Crundh bars at mrprotein.com. In fact, I just ordered two more boxes - they are $15.95 per box and they have free shipping. It's the best deal I've found anywhere. I've also been eating Kashi Go Lean roll bars - basically the chocolate peanut and the chocolate turtle rolls. They are really dense and I can't believe they're only like 190 calories. It takes me forever to eat one... I checked out the chocolate bar on the Smart Health store, but I kind of need to stay away from that. If it tastes too good, I can go crazy with that too. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views