Are you addicted to Food?

Mary M.
on 6/28/06 1:45 am - Neverland, CA
This is an excellent article and worth the read. http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s1-4-64-185-6883-1,00.html
Irene S.
on 6/28/06 2:08 am - NJ
Yes, I am... Thanks for posting this Mary! I subscribe to Prevention's online stuff, so I've seen this, but it sure does bring it home to me. I know I'm not alone either. I'm having a little trouble these days with rebound weight because of exercising. I was thinking that I could/would be able to eat more food since ****everyone** knows that muscle uses more energy than fat**. I've overdone it on the carbs - even though they are "healthy" ones, like barley... Still carbs! And it sets off the whole darn process. Eat carbs, crave carbs, start looking for more recipes to use those healthy carbs, make recipes, eat carbs, crave carbs..... Well you get the idea! Time to get back on the bandwagon. Irene
Mary M.
on 6/28/06 2:51 am - Neverland, CA
Irene, I am ever so familar with the crazy carb cycle....as I weigh myself each day it helps be to keep track of what even those healthy carbs if consumed too much, will start to drive my weight in an upward direction. Then it usually takes me a week to go through withdrawls and I have to decrease gradually otherwise I want to binge. Eating sweets or bread in any form even if whole grain...just makes me crave more and more of the stuff. I excercise 7 days a week approx 2-3 hours a day and one would think that I could eat what I wanted in moderation...however, that is not necessarily the case. The article really hit home with me. Finding the right mix (especially avoiding trigger foods) is the key, however, that is easier said then done, as I love variety and do not want to eat the same thing each and everyday. Have a great day!!! Mary
Irene S.
on 6/28/06 3:09 am - NJ
you know, it's MIND BOGGLING to see HOW LITTLE food it takes to run a body... truly, the less you weigh, the LESS you can eat... I too weigh myself almost daily to try to keep things in check. It really means that i'll have to plan on staying on the straight and narrow forever, with only *occasional* rare splurges... What a myth about exercise....
IrishIze
on 6/29/06 1:19 am - NJ
I didn't even need to open the thread to know my answer to that question! It is a good article, but it amazes me that 'scientists' are just figuring out that people can be addicted to food. I've known it as long as I can remember! Thanks for the post, Mary.... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views