MTL Support Group...Sunday 6/25

IrishIze
on 6/25/06 12:33 am - NJ
Good morning all!! I had another good day yesterday eating wise. I really have to get back to exercising - I used to enjoy it so much, now it seems such a struggle. Once again, I have to push and hope to get back into the groove. I'd love to go for a walk but the humidity and the rain are just terrible here right now. I varied from what I had planned yesterday, but still stayed pretty good. I am trying to incorporate some veggies and fruits into my diet. I had always stayed away from them because they are carby (yet I always found excuses for pretzels ), but I've decided there has to be a balance, so I'm either not going to count the carbs or just cut them in half. Here's what I had yesterday: B: 1/2 Kashi GoLean bar L: 1/3 large chicken breast D: the rest of the chicken breast and 1 cup of chopped spinach Snacks: 1/2 Power Crunch bar; cherries, about 8 thin pretzels (yes, yes - I ate some dreaded pretzels!! ) Totals: Calories: 762 Carbs: 42 Protein: 83 ******************* Here's today's plan: B: Isopure Zero Carb protein powder in choc Carb Countdown L: Cookies n Cream Power Crunch bar D: 2 TJ's salmon patties with a bit of FF mayo, chopped spinach Snacks: Kashi go lean bar, cherries, and yes - probably a couple more of those pretzels.... Totals: Calories: 873 Carbs: 51 Protein: 87 I'm also going to try and get in more water - I've been slacking in that department lately, and I think it's especially important in this muggy weather.... Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! Hugs, Nancy
Irene S.
on 6/25/06 5:04 am - NJ
Looking good, Nancy! I've been out of control a bit with carbs. Healthy ones, like barley, but still carbs... Doing a bit of grazing that I need to knock off too. I started exercising about 2 months ago and fairly quickly dropped 7lbs. Who said that if you exercise you can eat more??!!!?!?!?!? My 7 lbs are back! I guess some ppl can eat more, but IIIIIII can't.... I wish I could say that I *like* exercising - I know many ppl feel that way and say when they miss a workout they feel awful. Ha! Not me... I'm afraid if I stop, I'll never go again. I think that's going to be my struggle - to force myself to exercise... So today I've started reigning in the mindless eating. Cutting back a bit on the carbs. And *pretending* that I like exercise. Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views