Haven't posted in a while..

on my W.
on 6/23/06 10:59 am - Canada
Well hello, I haven't posted in such a while but every 4 days or so I read everything and that keeps me going. I am bouncing the same 3 pounds for over a month and I go from 159 to 163. I have been stressed with work and my blood sugar levels have been very low at times. I was told to avoid caffine and anything "white" and stress as they all affect sugar levels but it is a vicious cycle becasue I get a headache and shakey so I run for the coffee....I bought a couple books on hypoglecemia which is what the doctor calls it...somtimes I have been able to cheat and eat sugar and other times I feel terrible...so why not just avoid it ....well that is a whole other post and I am sure you ladies all understand it is hard.....anyway..I need to get right back to the basics of protein drinks. I always feel so much better when I do. Here's to a week of change.... I enjoy all your posts...I get such quiet encouragement when I sit at work and read about the small successes everyone is having. Day to day....that is what it is all about. Hugs to all, Karen
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/06 9:26 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
You're right, you haven't posted in a long time! You really aren't on your way anymore, though. More like "almost there." So that's what the shakiness is called? Hypoglycemia? I sometimes get that, and when I do, I can't stop eating! It tends to happen when I don't eat enough carbs, so I don't quite understand it. I'll have to look into that, now that I know what the name for it is. I hope your revised plan helps bring you further success! Let us know how it goes, and don't be such a stranger! Cheers! Pamela
IrishIze
on 6/24/06 12:48 am - NJ
Hi Karen! It's so nice to see you here! It sounds like you're doing well maintaining your weight. Hey, everyone's weight - WLS people or not - fluctuates. I think we probably all have to keep an eye on our glycemic levels. I find myself getting shaky sometimes too. I have one cup of coffee a day (down from about 10 pre-surgery!) and it's one of my treats. No bells and whistles, just a cup (usually ends up being 1/2 cup since it ends up getting cold and I toss it) with a bit of FF milk and a packet of Splenda. Maybe you should ask your doc if you can wean yourself off the coffee instead of quitting cold turkey - I think the headaches can come from stopping abruptly. Hope you'll check in more often - we miss ya!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views