Support Group Definition

AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/22/06 5:47 am - Oxnard, CA
From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary....... Support Group: a group of people with common experiences and concerns who provide emotional and moral support for one another. Yup guys and gals, we qualify! Love and Hugs Michelle
IrishIze
on 6/22/06 6:25 am - NJ
Yup, this board is definitely my support group. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all!! We may not always agree on the course, but I think we're all on the same voyage!!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/23/06 4:02 am - Oxnard, CA
Nancy: I'm so glad you are here, you have been there for me from the start, you are awesome and I love ya to pieces!!!! Michelle
IrishIze
on 6/23/06 4:29 am - NJ
Back atcha dolly!! N.
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 11:01 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, I'm glad that this qualifies! I've tried the groups up in the city, and I really can't stand the thought of driving 35 miles to join a group of people that irritate me. Some of those people go on and on, and you're not allowed to get a word in edgewise. And there's this one lady who says things like "Oh, yeah! Amen to that!" She sounds like she's one of TV evangelists or something. She's at both the weekly AND the once a month group. THEN, the shrink who leads the weekly group is all "And how does that make you feel?" all soft-spoken and hokey. Again, you're only allowed to speak IF someone else shuts up. Not my idea of a good time. I even attended the nurtitional lifestyle classes set forth by my bariatric program. My mother and I were the only ones who attended, and the REGISTERED dietician told us, and I QUOTE "You guys probably know more about all this than I do." I've ALSO been back to Weigh****chers, and while the lady is nice and the people are okay, THEIR issues are about figuring out how to count up their food points and plan menus, NOT about the issues that run deep. So it didn't really do much for me in terms of support. That's why I come here. Pamela
Mary M.
on 6/22/06 11:53 pm - Neverland, CA
I am blessed in many ways. I have a wonderful Bariatric group that has bi-monthly meetings that I attend where we share our success and struggles I learned so much when I was a newbie from the seasoned veterans. In addition, I am part of their ambassador group ( I speak at the community lecture and at the deitary behavorial meeting sharing my journey and I have spoken at their symposim). I also have a this wonder OH family to which I turn to each day that lends me emotional and moral support each and everyday of my journey. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views