need to vent a little

us2bfat C.
on 6/22/06 7:42 am - selden, NY
well if you know that alcohol and drugs and cigarettes are bad for you why cant you consider a carb or candy or whatever it is that your binging on just like that ....i consider those things to be poison to me just like shooting a bag of heroin.... both of those things almost killed me .... yes we need to eat so why not eat the right things is all im saying..... use an A.A. tool that i always find helpful..... ill eat it tomorrow or ill have a drink tomorrow or ill shoot a bag of dope tomorrow..... if you fall short its ok but brush yourself off dont beat yourself up with more destruction and start a new.... and if its that bad seek other assistance like a therapist or shrink..... there is nothing wrong with that.... Stacy
Mary M.
on 6/22/06 12:55 am - Neverland, CA
Stacy, We share the same surgery date; therefore, you are my surgery twin. I often feel the same way you do when I read the posts and I was a heavy weight. I started at 415 lbs and have lost 255 lbs...bringing me down to 160. I make choices each day fighting all the same demons what to eat, how much, to get up, and exercise each and everyday. So why can't others???? But, who am I to really judge and then I think I did it why cannot others..then I realize my journey is not over it has just really begun. The demons lurk at every corner and wait to pounce on me. I am only one bite away from reverting back to 415lbs. As I have said in other posts here by the grace of God go I. My heart goes out to everyone on this board and I applaud them for coming here. These courageous posters open themselves up to the scrutiny of others, however they are seeking the strength to fight the various battles with these demons. This is a tool and not a magic bullet, the tool is only as good as the user's skill set. As I try to support my fellow July Babies, I also support myself with the self-realization that food is an addiction. As they reach out for support, I will lend them my hand, shoulder, and an occasional swift kick and I expect them to do the same for me. Mary
us2bfat C.
on 6/22/06 7:38 am - selden, NY
in no way shape or form am i critisizing anyone .... i am a recovering heroin addict and alcoholic as well as anything else that would take me away from myself..... if demons are your problem i mean most of us were able to lose 100 lbs... how did we do that???? all im saying is lets all continue what we did to lose that 100 lbs.... i definetly fall short sometimes im not saying im perfect but i go back to day one when people were telling me i was going to die.... reality is without wls i would have eated a bullet had one been available....... whats making us depressed ??? if we are turning to food the logical thing is to find out where that is coming from and fix it .... i was in therapy for a long time to battle ALLLLLLL my addictions...this board is wonderful it helped me and it still helps me but i need more ..... i started up a support group with peoplel from tyhe new yyork board and my surgeons group... i still attend A.A. meetings without them id be dead....without this surgery and my wls support group i would be dead.....mary you have done wonderful you look awesome everyone does.... and if everyone is happy where they are at then my post was a waste of time...at least it helped me!!!!!!!! Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 2:12 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Unfortunately, it's not really as simple as making a plan and doing it. At least, not for me. Over the past two years, I've come to realize that my issues with food run very deep. In all honesty, I know I need a therapist to work through my issues...there really is no other way for me to battle the demons. When I was given my "tool," I was told the average weight loss was 65%. I have reached that average. My surgeon told me I should reach 200 lbs. I am nearly there. I was told that weight loss would cure my sleep apnea and high blood pressure. Those are gone. My ultimate goal is to reach a healthy BMI, and I may struggle for years to get there, if I EVER get there. My success is not measured on whether or not I can wear a bikini. It's about how I feel, and I feel pretty gosh darn good! Cheers! Pamela -134
us2bfat C.
on 6/22/06 7:52 am - selden, NY
well if you happy being obese then more power too you ....me i didnt go thru life altering surgery just to stay with my old habits and to be obese the rest of my life...as long as your happy then mazel tov........ but in no way shape or form is losing 134 lbs a slow loser...... Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 11:19 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
QUOTE: "well if you happy being obese then more power too you" I am happy being who I am. You make it sound like I don't deserve to be happy with myself because I'm still fat. I didn't have surgery so I could put "Boney" in front of my screen name. Sorry to disappoint you... It's almost like you've become just like all those other thin people out there...you and Mary both...and the guy who posted last week. "Do what I do, you'll get skinny." "If you'd just go back to basics, you'll lose weight." DUH! But do you understand that is very hard for some of us? Apparently not. Pamela 352/218/150
us2bfat C.
on 6/23/06 12:11 pm - selden, NY
let me rephrase this then if your happy being you then more power to you ....... i did not have this surgery to get skinny i had this surgery to get healthy being thinner is just a plus ... i had a lot of mental as well as physical issues before hand but i worked them out maybe thats why it worked.........im not apologizing for doing what i was told to do ....... just passing it on its not always easy for me either but i think back on why i had this surgery ...... no need to get so defensive it was not directed at you and if you feel it was then maybe you should look at that.... Lots of luck Stacy
jewelcrown
on 6/22/06 5:39 am
Hey Stacy.... Thanks for creating activity on the board. I've missed the free flow of ideas and opinions on the board. Your post got the juices flowing... and I love the activity on the board. We may not agree, but we can agree to disagree and keep talking. The free flow of communication is wonderful!!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views