More to Lose...TGIF!!!! June 16

sradcli74
on 6/15/06 10:14 pm
Good Morning Everyone, I have to say, I'm thinking more about my choices, I didn't have the best of days yesterday, but I am definitely more observant. I know that I get the urge for a sweet snack in the afternoon and I haven't been pre-planning for that. I took the initiative and ordered some protein bars to snack on when the craving for a candy bar hits. I ordered Luna Bars (has anyone tried those) the flavors sounded interesting. I ordered them from drugstore.com (free shipping) and I also ordered protein water from stacker 2 to try. Because sometimes, I don't want the milky protein and I hate mixers. Yesterday............................. 7:00 Breakfast Protein Smoothie 11:30 Lunch 3oz Meatloaf, 2T Collard Greens, 1T Macaroni and Cheese 2:00 Honey Roasted Peanuts 4:15 Frozen Fruit 6:30 McDonalds Side Salad w/ Balsamic Dressing 2 chicken nuggets and about 1/4 of my son's fries. 8:00 Ice Cream and Cake Other - Tasted Meal that I cooked for today. Totals: Calories 1476 Fat 74 Carbs 125 Protein 88 ********************************************************** Today's Plan 4:30 Breakfast - 3oz Steak Snack Yogurt Lunch 4oz Steak, 1oz Rice, Carrots and Broccoli Snack Frozen Fruit Dinner 4oz Steak, 1oz Rice, Carrots and Broccoli Other Snacks 100 calorie popcorn Peanuts Have a great day! Teah
jewelcrown
on 6/15/06 10:34 pm
Hey... good morning... Looking squarely at my "after menu" is a real wake up call!!! Here's what I did yesterday (not pretty)... and skeleton of what's plan for today. I really struggle when I eat out with co-workers... Yesterday: Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Lunch: Fried Chicken Wings Macaroni & Cheese Collard Greens Cornbread Yep... we went to a soulfood house. I resisted the desserts, however! Dinner: Pancakes Syrup I have no idea why I went here! Snack: AchievOne Sugarfree popsicles Nutrition: 1483 Calories 46 Fat 182 Carbs --- way too many!!!! 83 Protein Exercise - 75 minutes water aerobics **************************************************** Today's plan: Breakfast: Profect protein drink (I'm trying a new drink) Lunch: Don't know yet... another work outing Dinner: Steak Snack: AchievOne Exercise: 75 minutes water aerobics - DONE! I think I need to either practice abstinance (sp?) or come up with some rules regarding carbs... I'm out of control... Well, not 100% sense I'm starring at the problem head on with a little help from my friends on this board! Have a great day!! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/06 11:17 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My day yesterday wasn't too bad. I chose a VERY healthy lunch (and the first thing I've found at Krieger's that DOESN'T taste like crap!) of grilled chicken, broccoli, and Mediteranean vegetables (zuchini and squash mostly). For dinner, hubby ordered pizza...I had salad with my own dressing and a couple of small pieces of pizza (they were cut into squares). I even managed to NOT buy popcorn at the movies! "Cars" was amazingly good...I was impressed. Todays plan: B~2 english muffins (I already ate them...I was starving!) S~none (since I ate 2 muffins!) L~chicken wrap, cottage cheese S~apple with cheese D~homemade corn dogs (daughter picked it out...ick), carrots, green beans S~orange Exercise~boy oh boy, I'm still doing HORRIBLE with this one. I've exercised one day this week. And that will probably be it, too. Maybe next week will be better, when I'm caught up on rest. Cheers! Pamela
MikeB
on 6/15/06 11:25 pm - Pottstown, PA
Hello Teah, To answer you from yesterday I get My bars at either walmart or Giant. If I'm out and need something I can pick them one up at a WAWA or 7-11. Most of you Stores like Wal-Mart Kmart target this like will have them and the nice thig is that you'll be able to buy singles and try different flavors so you're not locked into a large quantity that you don't like. Mike
Mary M.
on 6/16/06 12:40 am - Neverland, CA
Teah, As for protien bars you may want to look at PowerCrunch (all 4 flavors are great) they are like large Sugar Wafer Cookies with a flavored Coating. I love the Cookies-n-Cream and the French Vanilla are my absolute favorites (my children even love them****ep them in the freezer...seems to make them even better. I purchase my online through SmartHealthStore. Mary
IrishIze
on 6/17/06 3:48 am - NJ
Hey Mare!! I looked for PowerCrunch bars locally and couldn't find them, so I searched the net and found them at mrprotein.com. They were $15.95 for a box of 12 and they have free shipping, so two boxes cost me $31.90 - not a bad deal!!! Thanks for the suggestion! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/16/06 2:23 am - Oxnard, CA
HI everyone. Yesterday I pretty much stuck to my plan except I did have a very small slice of pizza at my daughter's graduation party. It was really more like a sliver just to get the taste. I was very impressed I didn't go further. Today: B: Protein bar S: None L: Deli Turkey and cheese S: Raspberries or cantaloupe, will see what I'm in the mood for. D: Grilled Chicken breast with maybe some cucumber and green pepper slices. Thats it!
IrishIze
on 6/16/06 2:50 am - NJ
Hi everyone!! I agree, Teah - TGIF!!!! I have to say I'm a bit apprehensive about getting through the weekend without bingeing. I'm down to 171 lbs - I've lost 6.5 lbs since Monday, so I don't want to ruin it. Once again, what I plan and what actually eat are a bit different, but not too bad. I still look for the crunchy salty things - I'm just about out of pretzels, but have some pork rinds. I think I'm going to get some of those little dill pickles - maybe they'll be better. The pork rinds have no carbs, but man are they loaded with fat. I really miss my lo-carb pretzels....they don't make them anymore.... Yesterday I ate: B: Isopure Zero Carb protein drink L: some strawberries and pork rinds... D: Turkey burger with cheese, onion and a bit of ketchup. Snacks: Cherries, pork rinds, 10 pretzels Totals: Calories: 941 Carbs: 52 Protein: 93 ************************************* Here's the plan for today: B: Isopure protein drink L: Unjury protein drink D: Another one of those yummy turkey cheeseburgers, onion, ketchup Snacks: strawberries, cherries, pork rinds... Totals: Calories: 756 Carbs: 25 Protein: 81 **************************************** I'm planning to go out for my walk in a little while. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 6/16/06 9:17 am
Hey gang... I made it through lunch with my co-workers... I demanded to pick the place and ordered lump crabmeat on a bed of lettuce!!! WHEW... I'm home now, and there's nothing off limits in the house. Finally... a really good day! Now to get through the weekend... Have a great weekend!! Denise
IrishIze
on 6/17/06 2:18 am - NJ
Great choice Denise!! It feels so great when we make good decisions!!!! I hate feeling disgusted with myself when I don't.... I'm with you on getting through the weekend..... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views