More to Lose Sunday....6/11

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/06 12:12 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Except for dinner at the Pasta House (with a lunch-sized portion), I didn't do all that bad yesterday. Of course, I know that the dinner alone was probably more calories than I eat in a day...but it was ONE MEAL, not the WHOLE DAY. And that's progress! Today I should fare MUCH better, despite a family BBQ. B~english muffin S~none L~tuna S~probably a small piece of birthday cake D~hoping to take home a plate of BBQ for dinner instead of eating it when the meal is actually planned (which is 3 pm). I can't eat lunch that late, but I can't eat dinner that early. Plus, my husband is working, so I'll make him a plate for dinner, too. Exercise~Well, I gave myself permission NOT to exercise last week. So I guess I have to give myself permission to go ahead and exercise this week. It's raining today, so I suppose I could go into the basement and use the treadmill or lift weights...or both. Pamela back down to 218
IrishIze
on 6/11/06 9:31 am - NJ
I went to my company's picnic yesterday and it wasn't pretty.... homemade donuts and ice cream I have no trouble eating; I took a piece of grilled chicken and it made me so sick to my stomach... Tomorrow I am going back to a protein drink in the morning, one at lunch time and a high protein meal in the evening - that's it. I've had it and I really scare myself sometimes...it's as if I never had surgery. I'll be here bright and early tomorrow! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 6/11/06 11:00 am
Well... Nancy... as long we keep trying... we'll be all right!! We can do this!!! Denise
jewelcrown
on 6/11/06 10:56 am
Weigh****chers must be working for you. Congrats on getting back to 218! I can't wait to follow in your shoes... Tomorrow is going to be good a day. I'm determined to behave myself. Sunday was a continuous of my stupid binge. It all started with me passing up a Krispey Kreme donut on Friday. That's all it takes. My mind goes in overdrive. If I pass up something... sooner or later I'll have it and then some!!! Hope you had a great weekend... Denise
Irene S.
on 6/13/06 4:24 am - NJ
Denise, This can actually be an easy thing to work with. If you know that depriving yourself is what makes you bonkers, just handle things differently. 1) Allow yourself to have ANYTHING you want, but no more than 2 bites. OR 2) Allow yourself to have something only after all the "rules and regulations" have been met to allow you to eat it. For example, you want to have a slice of cake. Make the rules that you can only have it AFTER you've eaten lunch or dinner, but had to have eaten all your protein and some of your veggies and it needs to be after you've wanted it for 3 days, but must be consumed before 6pm only on Thursdays. The above is only an example, but you get the idea. You can add as many rules to the list to narrow your eating as you can live with. I wouldn't be surprised if you do this, at first you won't be able to handle many rules before you "HAVE TO HAVE IT OR I"LL GO BONKERS" hits. But over time, you may find that some things are not worth eating enough that you are willing to fulfill all the rules or you even forget about them all together. Just knowing that you can have them is enough, sometimes. Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views