More to Lose Friday...6/9

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/06 12:06 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I did pretty good yesterday, although I did end up eating two White Castle burgers that A) I did not really want and B) didn't taste all that great anyway. Thankfully, my scheduled menu put me in at just 1200 calories, so no real harm done. I also went ahead and went to Weigh****chers as one last hurrah...I was up four pounds (duh) and the meeting (with a different leader) STILL wasn't up to par. So I'm OFFICIALLY not going back. I've been reading an interesting book lately. It was written in 1984, but is amazingly on target. I won't bore you with details or even the title, but it's about breaking free from compulsive eating and binge eating. Basically, the author says that depriving yourself of the foods you REALLY want is what causes (some of) us to binge or eat compulsively. My dietician kind of said the same thing the other day...she said to USE full fat cheeses and full calorie breads instead of diet stuff. They'll taste better and be more satisfying to the brain AND to the stomach. I'm not sure about converting to double calories though... B~english muffin with cream cheese, celery with salsa S~protein shake L~going out...not sure where, but I will choose healthy S~probably will skip this snack, depending on what I have for lunch D~chicken cordon bleu casserole (amazingly heatlhy!) S~apple with cheese Cheers! Pamela
jewelcrown
on 6/9/06 2:16 am
Not a good day for planning today.... I have no real plan... I know, not a good thing. I had 3 oz of steak for breakfast; we have a staff luncheon... so who knows what'll be available to eat. I do plan to have 2 AchievOnes.... so we'll see I did exercise this morning.... I'll get back on track with a firm plan tomorrow. One good thing, the scale is moving. I'm down to 224! Which is great... I was 222 at my 1 year post op doctor visit. I'm getting close!!! Have a great day!!! Denise
IrishIze
on 6/9/06 3:19 am - NJ
Sounds like we're still struggling. What they say is true - they did surgery on our stomachs, not our psyches.... I'm hanging in there - not doing great but not doing terrible. I'm maintaining, so that's alright I guess. Work is incredibly busy, home life is never ending work, and I'm under a lot of stress. That of course triggers the stress eating. I really need to identify that and figure out a way to ignore / resist or whatever it is I have to do. When I get stressed, all I think about it eating. Maybe it's time to go back to the cigarettes....(said mostly in jest....) Hugs to you all. Let's keep plugging away girls!! Nancy
Irene S.
on 6/9/06 4:43 am - NJ
You should only know how many times I said the very same thing about going back to cigarettes... Quitting smoking is what caused my weight to balloon from 250-275 to 330. And to think I quit so I could "get healthy".... I was crazed from the carb addiction/obsession that replaced smoking for me. I, too, am one of those people that reacts to stress with eating. I don't think the struggle ever goes away. It just gets easier to resist with each time I successfully resist. At least until I let my guard down and give in... Yes, let's keep plugging away! Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views