Overdue update on baby Jessica & myself

Traci72
on 5/23/06 1:53 am - Hastings, MN
Hi everyone! I don't get a chance to update or post often here at all anymore, and boy do I miss it! Between the kids, work and life in general, there isn't much time to breathe most days. So here's a quick update..... Jessica will be 5mos old on the 29th and is doing great. She's 12lbs or just over that now (my scale goes between 12 and 12 1/2lbs) and getting so long. As tiny as she is, she is still mostly in 0-3mos clothes, but begining to fill out the 3-6mos sizes better. (still in a size 1 diaper though) She is showing a greater interest in food, so I'm debating starting her on solids sooner than planned. I went to our natural food store and picked up brown rice, barley, quinoa, and red wheatberries for her cereals for $1.36! There is enough to last her at least 2-3mos, so that was a terrific deal. I ground it all down last nite, so it's ready to go for when I'm ready. I don't typically start solids (DS#1 was the exception****il 6mos or so, but I'm thinking I might bump it up for Jessica to 5 1/2mos. We'll see..... She's got her rolling down, however will NOT roll from back to tummy any more as she really doesn't like being on her tummy. Silly girl! She has discovered her voice big time and just LOVES to sing and 'talk' to anyone that looks her way. Speak of the devil....she's talking now after her nap. I''m doing really well physically and got my weight back down by 9-10wks pp. Now that I'm back to work at Curves, I'm making myself get my butt in gear and am exercising at least 2x per week. I know I really need to do more than that, but this is a start. Only 1/2lb more and I will have lost half of myself!! I'm registered for the conference on June 4 in Hudson WI and am excited to go. My surgeon is one of the featured speakers, so that's exciting for me. Jessica will be coming w/but DH is keeping the other 3. That's it on me, or at least all I can think of now.....I look forward to everyone's update's also. Traci 248/124.5 mom to Blake~9 Christopher~6 Elizabeth~almost 4 post-WLS baby Jessica~almost 5mos!
Irene S.
on 5/24/06 12:52 am - NJ
Thanks for the update, Traci. Sounds like Jessica is growing and healthy! I'm impressed with the way you've gotten back into shape, too! I'm sure getting away to the conference on June 4th will be a welcome break for you. Hope you have a great time! I enjoyed the conference in NJ last year, and learned a lot - it was difficult to choose which event(s) to attend because there were so many good ones. Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views