Nova Scotia is the Key..!!!!

on my W.
on 5/15/06 8:54 am - Canada
Hello Folks, Well just to comment on Nancy's wonderful trip to Nova Scotia...we do need something to look forward to. I used to always hear how terrible it was to "diet" with a short term goal in mind (i.e. a wedding or trip) but I think we are all in a different place now than 'regular' dieters and we need those wonderful short term goals to help us reach our big goal. This road is too long to not try every trick we can to reach our gaol. I think we all need to get some short term goals in sight. Mine is a June 9th party. That is just a few weeks away and you know I selfishly just want to look "hot". I have no lofty goal of health in mind...it is purely to look good...I think that is ok....hahahahahahaha Hugs to all, Karen
IrishIze
on 5/16/06 12:32 am - NJ
Karen - I think you're right - we need to use whatever tool we can to motivate ourselves. I know when I am not eating right I feel sluggish and lazy - that's not why I had this surgery and I feel guilty and annoyed with myself when I do it. I'm still working on figuring out my relationship with food. Right now I'm working on leaving some on the plate when I'm done. I was always taught as a child that it was sinful to waste food and had to clean my plate whether I was hungry or not. Now I'm trying to really figure out when I'm full, and if there's still food left, I can throw it out or save it for later. I'm also trying not to think of it as dieting, but as re-learning how to eat. Hey, I'm sure you're going to look really HOT at that party!! If you feel it, you'll be it!! Hugs, Nancy
on my W.
on 5/16/06 7:32 am - Canada
Hi Nancy, I am rooting for you. I want you to get back into those 160's again. You motivated me when I was having a rough time and I know you can do it. It is funny how in a matter of about 3 or 4 days I went from 175 to 169 after likely 5 months of having the scale never move.....it can happen and you deserve it when it does. I remember how I used to post on and you were always a few steps ahead of me...or we were at the same point. I know it is now your turn because I just had a drop this past week so I won't be seeing anything too eventful for a while now....Keep going...you can do this..Hugs Karen. p.s. do you have family in N.S. It is beautiful and we go every summer as my hubby was from Cape Breton and we own land on the ocean...just land...no house on it yet.
IrishIze
on 5/16/06 11:21 pm - NJ
Thanks for the support, Karen. I've already lost 3 pounds, so that's motivating! I am over the initial first day and don't feel the cravings anymore. I'm really working on keeping myself busy, and that's a big part of it for me. I'm sending you an email re: N.S. - when are you going this summer?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views