Day One....

jewelcrown
on 5/12/06 11:09 pm
Hello July Babies! Well, the AchievOne arrived yesterday. It tastes pretty good. It's not Starbucks Frappacino, but for a high carb, low protein drink, it's good.... and my pouch was able to tolerate it. So my goal today is to just have 3 AchievOnes, Crystalite and sugar free popsicles. Can I do it? We'll see. My plan B is to have at least 2 AchievOnes and a South Beach meal. Either way, it drops my caloric level and sugar level (my stupid weakness) lower than I've done with a regular food plan. I took a look back at my weight log for the last 12 months. I've been dancing with the same 10-12 lbs since May of 2005! The positive news is that my dancing has caused me to maintain within a manageable range. The bad news is I'm not making any headway in losing more weight. I know I have to keep dancing, anyway. I know if I don't stay vigilant I could easily be one of those folks with a 20-40 lb weight gain. So... I'll keep dancing and pushing to see if I can get past these same 10-12 lbs that seem to leave my side, obviously miss me, and come back! Somehow, I need to kick those guys to the curb!!! Have a great day... updates to come!!! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/06 11:29 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I wish you luck! It certainly does get frustrating, doesn't it? I've lost 36 lbs in the last 12 months. These days, it's more like 1 lbs each month. The upside to such a SLOWWWW weight loss is that I pretty much eat what I want, within reason. I NEVER eat an entire mini-blizzard at DQ (I'll get sick!), but if I want ice cream, I'll have some. Pretty much, my biggest problem area is weekends, when there's plenty of meals out and tons of time to graze. Last night (Friday) we went out to dinner and I over-did it. Today, I plan to do well. ANYWAY...enough about me. This post was REALLY about you! I hope the AchiveOnes work out for you. Hopefully they will feel satisfied on such a small amount, particularly liquid. Let me know how it goes...I've been thinking of trying Medifast or something similar. Good Luck! Pamela 352/218/150
IrishIze
on 5/14/06 11:54 pm - NJ
Denise - I wish you the best of luck! You can do it! I read somewhere that we shouldn't say NO to ourselves, we should say "Not now" until the cravings pass. I'm going to join you on this liquid or semi-liquid menu. I plan to drink two or three protein drinks during the day and a high protein meal at night. I have some bad habits to break and I'm hoping this will help. I know the first day is the toughest - I'm going to try and drink lots of liquids and fight the cravings that are sure to haunt me! It will be nice to have someone who's trying the same thing. One of my biggest problems is boredom eating, so I'm trying to plan things to keep me occupied, especially in the evenings. I'm going to get the crocheting out for the rainy nights, and plan a walk or yard work when the weather's nice. Remember - we can do this!!!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views