More to lose Thursday (5/11)...

jewelcrown
on 5/10/06 10:49 pm
Good morning.... I hope there are still passengers on this train. I was out of pocket yesterday, not really feeling up to par. I read on another board about a protein drink that tastes a lot like Starbucks Frappacino (sp?). It's called AchievOne. I ordered a 12 pack and hope it's pretty good. It should come tomorrow. I want to try going back to protein drinks for the latter part of May and June, just to see if going back to the beginning will jumpstart me. I have a hard time with protein drinks. In the beginning I drank Atkins shakes. For some reason, my pouch doesn't like them anymore. We'll see how I do with AchievOne. So, here's the plan for today. It's rather lose, we have a staff meeting today. I hope we're having salalds or grilled chicken sandwiches. We'll see. Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Lunch: Staff meeting? Dinner: Salmon Lettuce Light Dressing Snacks: Pineapple Sugar free popsicles Exercise: Water aerobics 1 hr walking Have a great day!! Denise
IrishIze
on 5/11/06 12:07 am - NJ
Hi Denise, I must have been posting at the same time as you! You can read my sad story there.... Here's my plan for today: B: protein shake with Isopure Zero Carb protein powder L: Unjury in lemonade D: 2 skinless chicken thighs with 2 T spaghetti sauce and low fat shredded cheese; small green salad with 1 T SF salad dressing Snacks: Carb Fix pretzels, Microwave pork rinds, another Unjury drink Totals: Calories: 676 Carbs: 17 Protein: 72 Exercise: 30 minute WATP video Wish me luck!! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 5/11/06 12:20 am
Nancy!! You're not alone. I too have the addictive behavioral personality. I think many of us WLS folks do.... It's not hunger, it's never hunger... its obsession or compulsion that I fight everyday. I'm guessing that it will be a lifelong battle. Some days I'm up for the battle and some days and weeks, I'm not. I think as long as we keep pushing for more good days than bad, we'll be all right. The key is to not get too down on ourselves because it leads to a vicious cycle. I'm down so I eat, I eat so I'm down! You know the drill! I think therapy is a good idea. I too had thought about therapy and also going back to see the nutritionist on a regular basis. I read one post about a woman who stop losing weight at 12 months post op, somewhere around 24 months post op she starting seeing the nutritionist again and lost 50 lbs in one year! There's hope, there's always hope. Plus, we'll NEVER go back to where we were: seatbelt fasteners on planes, difficulty putting on socks, hating stairs, negotiating what chair might be able to hold us, walking in a manner to reduce jiggle... you know I can go on and on and on..... Please take a minute and write down your accomplishments.. Reread your profile, remember the beginning of your journey and celebrate where you are today. The journey is not over... but you sure have accomplished a lot a long the way. Yes, there have been a few setbacks, but OH BOY, look how far you've come!!! HUGS to you to!!!! Denise
IrishIze
on 5/11/06 2:07 am - NJ
Denise - thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I have to really work on myself right now and get back in the groove. I don't think there's anything that I can't eat and I sure can eat a lot of everything. The only thing that makes me sick anymore is Chinese rice. Other than that it's as if I never had the surgery. I read an article yesterday that said when you're trying to lose weight, don't deny yourself by saying NO. Just say, "not now", and more than likely the craving or moment of weakness will pass (...they don't know me very well - do they? ). Anyway, that's what I'm trying today. You're right Denise - we have all come a long way. I assume my weight will be a struggle the rest of my life - well, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger!! N.
sradcli74
on 5/11/06 12:41 am
Hi Ladies, I don't know how to explain my story, I thought it was water retention, but I don't know...i'm starting to wonder. The scale read 186 this morning...yesterday I had training and of course there was food involved a continental breakfast buffet. I limited myself to fresh fruit and water and a mini muffin. So I think I was ok. It worries me so much when the scale moves in the wrong direction. I'm really busy, but wanted to pop in. If I have time I'll most my food later...but so far the day has not been good. I gave into my craving for peanuts today.
jewelcrown
on 5/11/06 1:48 am
Hang in there... One day at a time... Those stubborn lbs will leave your side! ! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views