More to Lose - Thursday, May 11

IrishIze
on 5/10/06 11:11 pm - NJ
Hi everyone - I'm so afraid we're losing the passengers on this train, and I know I haven't been on in awhile. I have to admit, I'm struggling. I don't think I am able to do anything in moderation. It's either feast or famine. I find that I either am eating everything in sight or I'm starving myself. Once I start to eat, even if it's a piece of chicken or some tuna; I'm off and running - it's a terrible compulsion. I can't think about anything but eating more. It's like a switch turns on and I don't know how to turn it off. I guess perhaps it's time for some good old fashioned therapy. I had a couple of bad weeks of stress eating - I haven't weighed myself, and that's not good. I had a doctor's appointment early this week and weighed in there at the end of the day at 175. Sigh. I had been down to 162. I'm trying to do a bit better right now. I start my day off with a protein shake and try not to eat all day at work. I got back to my exercise last evening and did a 30 minute WATP video. I had some chicken, and on went the switch and I ended up eating 1/4 box of yogurt Cheerios and a bunch of peanuts. I also had a small slice of thin crust pizza. Before I went to bed I had some peanut butter pretzels. I am an addictive personality - I'm a recovering alcoholic/drug addict with 23 years of sobriety, and I quit smoking five years ago. I feel like food was a replacement addiction and I haven't fixed that yet. Well enough of my ramblings. I just want you all to know that I'm still here and still committed to changing my relationship with food....I'm just having a really hard time right now. I have lots of stress in my life and I'm working on changing my reaction to things and accepting the things I can't change. Hugs to you all, Nancy
IrishIze
on 5/10/06 11:12 pm - NJ
Oops - guess Denise beat me to it....please post to her thread.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views