New here!

ktinaaa
on 6/12/09 2:57 am - Norman, OK
 Hey hey!

I signed up on this site in December, but didn't ever think I'd be having surgery so never got involved. Well, I had my surgery on the 3rd!

I'm so excited for this process to really get started!
"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire."
        "If you give, you begin to live."

Kristina

JulieTX
on 6/12/09 5:30 am - Whitehouse, TX
How are you doing?
Julie

spittman
on 6/12/09 5:33 am - Reston, VA
VSG on 06/29/09 with
How did it go? I have my VSG on the 29th getting nerveous
ktinaaa
on 6/12/09 3:14 pm - Norman, OK
I'm doing great, thanks!

Of course, that's not to say that I was feeling great right after surgery - I don't want to give that misconception to anyone. I definitely went through some pain and nausea, but they give you medicine for that.

Once I got home the main thing that bothered me was my lack of energy - but that's expected after having major surgery! Drinking the protein really helps with that though. I also experienced some heartburn, but they gave me medicine for that as well. So really, I have no complaints as far as pain and discomfort go.

As for weight loss as of now, I have yet to weigh myself. I'm waiting for my two week post-op appointment which is on the 16th. I don't notice any changes in myself, but my parents told me today that my face has already started to thin out.

I'll be sure to post after my two week appointment!
"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire."

Kristina

Darlene E.
on 6/16/09 12:00 am - Harrow, Canada
Congrats on having your surgery.
It'll take time to notice the weight loss, and like you said, others will notice it first.
I'm down 106 lbs, and although I need smaller clothes, I have a hard time seeing the difference.  I guess the one thing surgery can't fix is my fat head LOL. 
I hope you appointment goes well today. Can't wait to hear your update.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

ktinaaa
on 6/16/09 2:12 pm - Norman, OK
 Ahhhhh! I've lost 18 lbs!!!

I know this isn't much to a lot of people, but I was really preparing myself for the number to be less than ten.

I really couldn't be any happier right now... 18? seriously? I'm ecstatic 

Kristina

Most Active