Post op eating

Lisa P.
on 6/17/08 1:35 am - Troy, IL
I got my lap band on May 30, 2008, I feel like I could eat a horse. I am starving and when I asked the doctor if I should be measuring out my food once I started on semi-solids he said my job now is to get well and not to worry about the measuring until after I get my first fill on July 10. My question is can I eat so much that I stretch out my pouch. I am very concerned and worried about this.
obrienbus18
on 6/17/08 1:44 am - Linwood, MA
If you have not had a fill yet, you really do not have a pouch to speak of yet. Everything is the same as before surgery until you start to get fills. So I would be careful as to the amount you eat because there are no restricitions. Remember your protein and get in all your fluids so that you can heal...Debbie
Lisa P.
on 6/17/08 2:19 am - Troy, IL
Thanks Debbie, I have been worried sick that I would do something wrong and mess up what I have worked so hard for. Your reply made me feel so much better! Lisa
obrienbus18
on 6/17/08 4:10 am - Linwood, MA
I'm glad I could put you at ease. It takes usually 2 to 3 fills to start feeling retrictions, you'll know when you do I promise...Debbie
Ilenefin
on 6/23/08 3:39 pm
Lisa, had my surgery on June 9th started puree on the 19th I think. I'm SO HUNGRY!!! I was wondering if I could do harm also. I called my Dr. and got the same answer "just concentrate on getting well" My first fill is July 18th can't wait. Maybe I won't be so hungry. If you feel like chatting please write.......... Ilene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 821 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 807 views