Dumb Sh*t People Say about surgery...add yours

Lily D.
on 6/17/08 12:32 am - San Luis, CO
and good for all of us that we realized this is our salvation.........and the road to a healthier life. I am scared but determined. surgery is July 17th. I have failed so many many times at weight loss. THis has to be it for me. You all are my heroes.
Itzalboutmenow !
on 6/17/08 1:51 am - Palmdale, CA
This topic is so ( filled with the purest forms of ignorance/fear/jelousy/ all rolled into one persons mouth, it almost reminds me of the preachers on TV telling me how great they are ........ for an hour, then telling me if I really beleive in GOD I'll send him MONEY NOW!.......... but, you have to keep an eye on the long term, and let those idiots give you inspiration, just think to your self! ( God put them here to keep you on track) I can remember plenty of days when I didn't want to do my hiking/walking but I"d be go to HELL if I was going to fail in front of all those - boo whoers - and just that would get me up and going, heck that's half the battle. THIS I S JUST MY BELEIfF in life, NOTHING not one thing happens on accident. And for those of you who don't know me, after I lost all of my weight the right way! had all my reconstructive surgery, looked hotter than I'd ever looked in my whole life, I was ready to start living life --- I worked at NASA, owned my own home, my car was paid for, me and my X- husband were best friends....... I broke my back in two places, lost my job, almost lost my home, ( that's still pending) but you know what......................GOD has a new adventure out there for me, BRING IT ON, then lets see what those /anti WLS folks say then............ Please remember at the end of the day, it's you and GOD that matter NO ONE ELSE! --- you MUST build up your self worth ENOUGH so that you can do that! Yeah it might hurt for a minute, but remember YOUR journey! is a FRICKEN fantastic one....... all my love Kelly... PS [email protected]
Despinasdream
on 6/17/08 12:46 pm - Lakeville, MA
wow kelly you sound like you've been threw the ringer I'll pray for you to heal...and be pain free. God Bless sista...Des xo
mum
on 6/18/08 12:53 am
Lisa and others, Even my own family initially said, "you just need to eat less and exercise more." Well, duh, and if I could do that on my own, don't you think I would have? Once they saw my successes post-op, they got behind me, and now the results have convinced them. It's not a magic bullet, it's a tool, but the right tool makes the job a whole lot easier. Hang in there, Lisa, you are almost there! I have lost 27 lbs since surgery (8 wks ago), 40 since my heaviest, and have dropped a few sizes.
Ilenefin
on 6/23/08 3:49 pm
Wow can't believe it. You have all taken the words right out of my mouth. I can't believe the stupid Sh-t people have said to me, including telling me how to cheat! Family is very supportive so are co-workers I teach nursery school and everyones been awesome. Today is my first day reading these. I had my surgery June 9th and have graduated to puree WOO HOO. Needless to say I can't wait for a fill because I'm hungry, but I'm really looking forward to feeling and looking better! Good luck everyone. If anyone wants to reply, please do....................Ilene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 821 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 807 views