anyone else starting liquids today? surgery in 2 weeks

lisainphilly
on 6/8/08 11:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi all, Today is my first day on just liquids (slimfast with a sprinkle of protein powder). It's gonna be a tough two weeks, I have to testify in court on Thursday and Friday as a witness on a violent crime case. Wondering how I'll do the slimfast thing when you're not allowed to bring food or drinks into the courthouse. .....anyway anyone else starting their two weeks liquids today? Feel free to email me for support. Lisa [email protected]
RoylynnW
on 6/9/08 8:09 am - Bryan, TX
VSG on 06/05/08 with
Hi Lisa you will be just fine the first two to four days are HELL but if i did it you can i had to do it for three weeks and the DR said i did a good job. I had a sleeve last thursday. and doing great. Take Care YES YOU CAN YES YOU CAN GOOD LUCK ROY
lboogy
on 6/9/08 9:39 am - Pinole, CA
Hi Lisa, I wish you the best of luck on your liquid diet. I'm supposed to start my liquid diet in a couple of weeks. Keep me posted on your progress and any tips you'll be able to pass on would help out a lot. -Lauren
RubyWench
on 6/10/08 4:59 am - Norwich, CT
RNY on 06/02/08 with
Lisa I have 6 1/2 days left on liquids and I hate it...UGH !!! I am soooo looking for to the soft/mushy food diet....scrambled eggs here I come !! It really seems like a long time but, it will so pass, have you have any cream soup yet ? I am allowed low fat cream soup (strained), like tomato, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken...not much protein but, you can always add some, I just would have a little soup as a change, my taste buds were screaming for something other than chocolate protein shake and water. Best of luck to you !!
Marilyn B.
on 6/10/08 9:36 am - Bella Vista, AR
Hi Lisa, Yes I started yesterday too. I thought I would be dying but it was not to bad. After work is my worst time of the day for overeating. My husband happened to be off yesterday and today, so I was able to get over that hump with his support (and eagle eye ;) ). I also have been drinking cream soups. I also have chicken broth. I have sugarless jello, pudding, and popsicles on my pre-op. You can email me anytime. Hope your week goes well. Marilyn [email protected]
diva266
on 6/12/08 2:55 am - Peoria, IL
Started my liquids on the 10th. First day--OK. Second day was hell!! I was soooo exhausted! Today is day 3 and it's MUCH better. I do my 3 slim fasts and then the unlimited quantities of water, broth, SF popsicles and SF jello. I'm thinking this two weeks is like labor. The end result will be soooo worth it we'll forget the pain! Good luck--you can do it, Girl!!!
lisainphilly
on 6/12/08 6:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Well, I guess I'm getting used to the liquid diet. I keep reminding myself how temporary it is. On the upside, I've lost 5 pounds and I'm just now on day 4. (I think I peed out most of those 5 pounds. haha) Hang in there guys, it's really not as bad as I thought. BTW, question for Roy and others who have done it. How much did you lose on your pre surgery liquid diet? I'm hoping to lose another 5 in the next 10 days.
Shelly W.
on 6/12/08 12:21 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Lisa, I lost 10 pounnds in 10 days on the sf clear liquids. I didn't think it was that bad either. Now, it's starting to get a little old.
goughda
on 6/13/08 9:59 pm
This my second day out of the hospital. I had the gastric bypass and I am drinking and taking my vitamins but I feel so weak and my legs hurt. Do you have any ideas of how I can feel better?
tasharichey
on 6/14/08 3:42 am - edinburgh, IN
HI MY NAME IS TASHA I HAD OPEN RNY SURGERY ON MAY 1st. I KNOW I AM GOING TO SOUND LIKE THE DOCTOR WHEN I SAY THIS BUT HERE IT GOES.....WALK WALK WALK....EVEN WHEN YOU DONT FEEL LIKE MOVING A INCH...WALK IT IS LIKE WALKING OUT A CHARLIE HORSE...YOU WILL FEEL WEAK FOR A WHILE BUT WHEN YOU START DROPPING THOSE POUNDS YOUR BODY WILL BE LIKE go go go!!! I LOST 30 IN MY FIRST 20 DAYS AND MY BODY WAS LIKE GET UP AND DO SOMETHING NOW!!! I STARTED AT THE WHOPPING WEIGHT OF 405 MY FIRST POST OP I DROPPED 30 AND MY NEXT VISIT IS THE 25TH OF JUNE SO I WILL SEE HOW MUCH MORE I HAVE DROPPED I AM EXCITED...HANG IN THERE IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 821 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 807 views