Preop pressure!

fairsherryrn
on 6/8/08 3:52 am - Miami, FL
My surgery is schedule June 30th, I am felling like I am giving up everything. Not only do I have to give up the foods that have calmed me, loved me, and comforted me, I have to give up smoking.I know it's best for me, but its like I am losing my best friends. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to make huge changes in my life. Any words of wisdom to get thru the next three weeks?
carcabe
on 6/8/08 9:38 am - Maple Grove, MN
Remeber that all of the things you are giving up are going to be worth it in the long run, and you will be able to slowly introduce certain things (or modified verisions of them) back into your daily life! The positives are easily going to outweigh the things you feel you are giving up! Maybe set a goal- once you loose so much, you reward youself in a new way- a trip, a shopping spree, etc! Good luck!
cdubb01
on 6/9/08 2:51 pm
Just had my surgery last Wednesday. Still dont know if I have done the right thing. My blood sugar is down to 131. I think that is pretty good. Other than that... The pain is mostly gone but I had to sit through a pizza and a mexican dinner today while I sipped water. Its not going to be easy.
Marilyn B.
on 6/10/08 9:45 am - Bella Vista, AR
Sherry, I know where you are. I cried all last weekend. My relationship with food has been that of a therapist. I also felt that I was giving up all the "good" stuff. I realized sometime on Sunday, that food for me is like alchohol for an alchoholic. I knew I could not do this alone. I admitted I couldn't win this one without help, so I turned it over to the only One who can carry that load for me. I think the Lord heard my prayer. The first two days of pre-op have not been to bad. The diet may get old by surgery and then more of it after surgery, but I am looking forward to being healthy and walking again. You are right. We are all blessed to be given this chance. Stay in touch with the group. We can all talk each other through it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 821 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 807 views