Today I am one year post ...

Louisa A.
on 6/3/05 10:36 pm - Pocatello, ID
Today I am one year post surgery! I don't think I would have made it without the great people at Obesity Help! I am now 95 pounds down and scared to go back to the old me... I have a hernia and I have to have it repaired. My doc suggested getting the skin off at that time, but I wonder if I am too old for surgery? I need help making myself go through that again. Will it be as bad as having my body cut open and insides rearanged? How much weight is enough to lose? Am I too old at 54 to want a pretty body? Am 3 weeks from the hernia repair, and they can do both at the same time. Should I?
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/05 6:05 am
The decision should be all yours, but just make sure you research very well everything that it entails, so you know what to expect if you decide to go for it. Now, as for your question "Am I too old at 54 to want a pretty body?", my answer would not be "no", but "He!! NO!". Not only are you NOT old (hello!!!), which means you're definitely NOT "too old"... But more importantly, you deserve anything you want and wish for, including a "pretty body". Don't ever, ever, EVER forget that!!! Angie 280/177/135 http://www.geocities.com/tiger_angie
marypoco
on 6/5/05 5:48 am - amherst, MA
I agree with Angie !! You are not OLD so your never TOO Old!! I just turned 50 last month and I feel better than I was when I was 21!! Healther too. I have a consult on the 13th of this month to see if I can have that "tummy tuck" too. I get gross rashes under there due to my c-section scar!!! "gross"!! I'm second thinking about the Breast Lift. So they hang like deflatted eggplants. They are so much smaller than they were ,do I want to go smaller?? But, the decision is ultimately yours my dear to make. Whatever you feel confortable with . Go with. Good Luck. and Happy re-birthday. Mary
beverley C.
on 6/8/05 5:10 pm - andover, UK
hey well done on your weight loss why should you not have what you want you made a major decision to have the op follow what your heart tells you and do what YOU want to do good luck Bev x
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views