Fear??

conpat22
on 5/27/05 3:00 am - Beatty, NV
I am almost to my year as we all are in this group and I have been finding myself losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. for 2 mos!!! I know exactly why, too many carbs ect. ect. I haven't been this low in weight since was a teenager and I'm 55. I've always been over-weight, my kindergarten pics are sad!!! I've thought it out and I think I'm scared. Fat has always protected me from "out-there" I want to show my kids a trim mom but don't quite know how to get my mind wrapped around this whole thing so that I'll stop sabatoging myself! Anyone out there know what I'm feeling? Connie
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/05 3:13 am
Oh, definitely! Just head over to the post "entering uncharted territory"... you'll see... you're definitely not the only one feeling this way!
dcox94
on 5/28/05 9:56 pm - North Wilmington, DE
I have picked up six pounds this week...where I don't know except perhaps water...I am now in the midst of removing salt items. Which is hard when you eat out. I have two BBQs coming up and know it will probably be 2 days before I can be salt free. I just hope I can hold this 6 pounds at bay. I am only 11 months out...I was so hoping to continue loss into the 18 mos. I have been the same way as you....the fat armor was always there to help. I need to reinforce the fact that the fat armor wasn't really helping me it was rindering me in a bad way. Its tough to get out of your comfort zone but it helps tremendously with this journey. Find a small goal that can get you out the czone. For me it was posting my new pic... I have been afraid to let go of the old me! That little step has helped me alot. Debbie
Nancy M.
on 5/29/05 11:16 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
I'm right there with you. I'm 56 and have been fat as far back as I can remember. I'm not ready to stop losing yet--I still have another 80 pounds to go to get to the goal I have set for myself. I have been working as an overnight grocery stocker at my local WalMart for the past 5 months. This job gives me lots of activity and light weight lifting. I know I am getting more upper body strength and muscle tone. I am hoping that the reason the scales have stopped moving is because I am gaining muscle mass. Hang in there. Together we will make it to goal. Nancy 310/201/122
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views