This time last year . . .

B.J.
on 5/21/05 4:45 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
What can you do today that was difficult for you a year ago (or pre-WLS)? I have spent all morning working in our vegetable garden. This time last year it took me four days to accomplish what I've managed to get done just today!!! I've been digging up a 10x15 plot and placing tomatoes and cucumber plants. Still have to put in the squash and peppers. Last year I couldn't squat, kneel, bend . . . heck I could barely breathe outside. I was wearing stretch leggings and a big baggy t-shirt for mobility's sake. I had to take breaks every five minutes or so, and I remember having to readjust the way I was sitting as my legs would go numb from lack of circulation. Today I'm still sporting the baggy shirt (old habits are hard to break LOL) but I have on a pair of my ex-boyfriend's holey Levi's (34 waist and I can bend and breathe woohoooooooo!)!!! Life is good. I am so grateful for what WLS has given back to me! -BJ
dcox94
on 5/21/05 10:04 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Barbara, Your day sounds like my Saturday! Although I don't have boyfriend and husband refuses to let me get into his pants! He has a thing about other people where his clothes LOL. The garden is looking good. Today we do plants and seeds! I can't believe we did 5 yards of soil in less than 3 hours! It would have been days and today would have been a hurting day for me...lots of muscle relaxers. Not me! I feel good and ready for the second round! Debbie
B.J.
on 5/23/05 9:10 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
OMG Debbie I didn't even recognize you with the new pix, what a difference, you must be thrilled! -BJ
dcox94
on 5/23/05 12:17 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Thank you for your sweet compliment. Its very much appreciated. I feel so good these days. I like to go to the gym. I just enjoy life! Debbie
dplotz
on 5/23/05 1:41 am - Bethel Park, PA
What can I do now that was difficult a year ago... * Keep up with my 2 year old daughter. * Come home from work and walk 4 miles instead of falling asleep on the couch before 5:30. * Tie my shoes without straining. No more velcro shoes... * Mow the lawn in 45 minutes instead of 2 1/2 hours. * Have sex in more than one position. The surgery was definately worth it...
Nancy M.
on 5/24/05 2:25 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
I can bend over and tie my shoes, go up stairs without getting winded, walk at a faster pace comfortably, fit in a booth in restaurants....I'm sure the list could go on and on. This surgery has been such a blessing and my life has changed so much for the better. Thank you, Barbara, for this post. I came to this board to complain---again; but this is such a positive thread it put me in a good mood and reminded me that I have much to be thankful for. Nancy 310/201/122
B.J.
on 5/26/05 11:14 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi Nancy, just was lookin' at your before/after pix and oh my goodness what a transformation!!! You are doing wonderfully whether you want to admit it or not LOL!!! -BJ
tcarol
on 5/25/05 2:15 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Barbara! Thanks for the posting idea. I like focusing on the way my life has changed for the better since my surgery instead of just the numbers. I don't even think twice about walking from one end of the mall or store, I just do it and often times more than once. Never fails I always remember the item on the other end of the store when I'm not there! :rolf: I don't mind going to the doctor anymore. Nobody gives me grief about my weight or blames everything on my weight. Have you noticed that when you do go, they don't weigh you anymore? I wanna step on that scale now! I love... ...curling up with my knees tucked up to my chest to watch TV. ...discovering that I do have a skelaton and I can feel it now. ...gardening without effort ...being hugged by my husband and his arms wrap all the way around me and double up. ...playing basketball with my daughter ...that my nieces can now sit comfortably on my lap, not to mention that I have a lap now! How they run to me and wrap their arms all the way around me with a hug! Which warms my heart. ...the energy I have now ...when someone recognizes me and compliments me on my new look. ...going for walks with my family ...shopping where ever I please, not where I have to for clothes ...having great health visits, no diabetes, cholestrol, blood pressure problems ...knowing that my morbid obesity is not going to kill me before my daughter grows up and has children of her own ...being a good roll model for my daughter ...giving my Dad the courage to have the surgery himself so I get to spend more time with him too I could go on for days, but I think you get my point. Life is Grand! I only wish I did this years ago! Terri
terrycoles
on 5/28/05 1:54 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
I NEVER imagined I'd be in a fitting room trying on size 4 jeans and capri's. Decided to pick up some capri's since I don't look good in shorts with the loose skin on my legs. And yes a size 4 fit fine, in fact the waist is a bit loose. My one year anniversary is up on June 14th and I've lost 144 pounds, went from a size 24 to a size 4. I never could have imagined that this time last year. Life is so much better living it as a thin person! Guess I just have to remember that "nothing tastes as good as thinness feels." Terry Coles 276/132/ 2 more pounds to goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views