Anxiety setting in......

Nancy M.
on 5/17/05 2:52 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
When the scale read 203 pounds a couple of weeks ago, I was happy and scared at the same time. So close to being under 200 pounds I could taste it. I haven't been under 200 since 1973 when my youngest was an infant. Then I began to worry. Will I get to goal? Will the weight stay off? What will I do without the shield of fat to hide behind? Stress gave way to snacking on salty chips which lead to a five pound gain. Cutting back on the salt got rid of the water weight I gained. I had been weighing at work but they took the scales out of the nurse's office to paint and rearrange the office and sick room. Checked tonight but the scale still has not been put back yet. I bought a scale at WalMart which weighs me at 201.4 pounds in the nude. My next appointment at the surgeon's office is not until the first week in July, so I guess I'll just have to wait until then to see how my home scale compares to his. On the up side, I can now fit into a large lab coat at work instead of the 4-X I was wearing before surgery. My first visit to the surgeon's office, I was wearing size 28 slacks and a 3X top. I just bought a new summer outfit in a size 16/18. It feels great to finally be able to shop in the regular sizes. It's just that I've hid from the world and myself for so long. Now I'm going to have to face my fears and memories without the buffer. I can no longer use food to stuff my feelings because I get full too quickly now to do that. Long gone are the days I could consume a pound of potato chips and a tub of dip along with a 2-liter bottle of soda at one sitting. Also as the fat dimminishes, expectations rise. I hope this makes sense to you all and I appoligize for rambling. Prayers are requested to keep me on track. LAP RNY 6-21-04 310/201/122
traci F.
on 5/18/05 2:50 am - gadsden, AL
This is my first time to reply. I'm the same way. My first few months I did great. It was like I'd wake up and had lost 5 lbs. I've plateaued lately and can't seem to get past it. It's my own fault though. I haven't been eating like I should. Grab a few chips here..an Oreo cookie there. Maybe even drink some of my husband's Dr. Pepper. All of these are no no's. I've got to get my will power back. Hopefully this website will help me do that. I'm grateful for the weight I've already lost but I don't want it to stop here. It really stresses me sometimes.
marypoco
on 5/20/05 1:41 am - amherst, MA
Nancy , Focus on the positive things. WOW YOU WENT FROM A 4x TO A LARGE AND A 28 TO A 16/18 That is fantastic!!!! I too get frustrated.THIS week has been the week from HELL and my old way's I would have had quite a few glasses of wine . to drown out the crappy week. AND a bag of chips and dip!! I now have pretzels and crackers and cheese..ect... I'm NO angel and I do think I sometimes snack too much. I haven't gained yet, but, I really haven't lost too much more either. I think your doing great. and try to perhaps get back on track to keep up the great work you've already done. Just my 2 cents. Mary 268/260/153/145??? someday??
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/05 4:58 am
I have spent the last week backsliding...chips, chocolate, etc. I've regained 8 pounds and am now obese again (having just dipped below a few weeks ago). I'm frustrated with myself. My husband says he doesn't want me to lose anymore even though I want to lose another 30#. My breasts have begun to look very deflated which scared me - that's never happend before when I've dieted. So now I can't seem to stick to the plan to get to goal. 10 days to my 1 year and I am sliding off track. Argh! Audrey start/today/goal 308/173/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views