Disappointed..........

pattybre
on 5/16/05 7:33 am - Fairless Hills, PA
I read the main message board a lot, and I get really down 'cause it seems that the majority of people who started out at my weight are a lot less than I am at almost 11 months out. I know I shouldn't compare myself; but it's REALLY hard not to- and I'm so upset by the thought that I won't ever get to be under 200. I am happy for where I am now, but if you look at my profile for the past 6 months it's been REALLY slow. Other people who didn't go through this think I'm just being greedy or something. It's not like I want to be skinny, I just want to be under 200 soooooo bad. Thanks for listening........ LAP RNY 06-28-04 360-228
ChocolateKisses
on 5/16/05 10:15 am - Las vegas, NV
Don't be too down on yourself.. I feel the same way sometimes.. But we have to consider.. you may have two people weighing the same amount but on is 5'10 and the other is 5'4. so the shorter person actually has more excess weight, hence they might lose faster.. the more overweight you are, generally the faster you will lose.. not to mention your actual body fat vs lean muscle, and excess water.. i have to keep reminding my self of this every time i read the message boards.. i know its hard, !! i wish i had more comforting words for you.. rest assure, you are not the only one who feels this way.. take care, and feel better! Chocolate Kisses
Nancy M.
on 5/17/05 2:23 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
At a loss of 132 pounds in 11 months you have nothing to be ashamed of. I know what you mean by wanting to be under 200. I'm right there with you and I'm losing so slowly. We will both make it in due time. Hang in there and keep doing the right things. You know the drill, protein first, lots of water, exercise, etc. LAP RNY 6-21-04 310/201
marypoco
on 5/20/05 1:46 am - amherst, MA
Getting below 200 IS a real HIGH , but, LOOK AT HOW FAR YOU'VE COME!! ALREADY. WOW from 360 to 228 that is great!!!!!! that's 132# that is quite an accomplishment!!! Your picture looks great too. don't down yourself ! Look how great your doing. and Remember those old big sizes you NO LONGER have to wear???!! Good luck with your continued weight loss. Mary 268/260/153/145?? someday.......
tcarol
on 5/21/05 2:03 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Patty, Everyone who has responded before me is absolutely right, there are so many variables to each person's success. Instead of focusing on the numbers, focus more on the things you can now do that you could not do before. I know for me, sitting in public chairs such as those at a movie, folding chairs, airplane seats, amusement park rides aren't a problem anymore. Walking is easy now where before it was always a struggle for me. I no longer drive around the parking lot at the store looking for the closest parking spot because now it's not a problem to walk the distance in and out of the store. I love doing things with my friends and family that I would never consider doing before... like a game of basketball or softball. I'm having so much fun in life. Once you start focusing on the new joys of life, you will begin to forget about the numbers and get on with loving life and experiencing it. I wish the best to you and everyone else here. Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views