11 months weight in

marypoco
on 5/6/05 11:23 pm - amherst, MA
Hello Junebugs. well 1 month till our one year . Can you believe this ride?? So how are you doing so far at 11 months. I am down to 155. Started at 268/260 surgery weight. went from a 24 jeans to a 10/12 some 10's fit well some 12's depending on the style. I guess. I found more bones.. : lol: like Ribs and I really can feel those hips now! my tops I'm still buying Large's but went from a 3X so Large is great! bought a size 14 bathing suit It fits good. much better than that 24 of last year! though I got those giggle legs. How's the rest of you Junebugs doing this month? Let's hear all the success's . Mary
B.J.
on 5/6/05 11:41 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi Mary, you are doing wonderfully -- definitely a WLS success story. I laughed about "finding more bones" because not so long ago I felt this huge lump in my chest and here I am for a millisecond freaking that it's a growth or a tumor or something . . . turns out it's my "sternum" (breastbone). hahahahaha No other bones sticking out on me yet, but I've noticed it is harder to sleep comfortably with some of my former fat cushioning gone. My knees knock together! -BJ
terrycoles
on 5/7/05 12:23 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi Mary, I've lost 141 pounds so far...down from 276 pounds to 135 pounds. Five more pounds to lose according to my surgeon's goal of 130 pounds. But I think I'd like to lose a few extra to allow for that increase we put on as we eat and drink during the day. I think I'd like to settle in at 125 pounds but I'm only 5'3" and a small frame. I'm wearing size 4's and 6's in pants and small or extra small tops. I have no boobs left.....ok there's still some but they're very tiny. Some days I feel like the wind will blow me away. I've literally lost more than half of my original self, and have lost more than I weigh now. I'm all skin....lots of skin and bones. I can see my ribs and lots of other bones. But I feel wonderful.....actually enjoy working out now......I do about 45min of cardio and 45 min of weights 5-6 days a week. I enjoy it and love the way it makes me feel. I love coming home from work and putting on a pair of jeans knowing they'll fit! It's been a truly amazing journey. Congrats on your success! Keep up the good work! Terry Coles 276/135/130 soon
Chocolate D.
on 5/8/05 4:19 pm - Houston, TX
I am very happy with my new look and I think I might have learn how to control my weight as for as not losing anymore. My current weight is 136.6 and I'm very happy with that, I started out as 232 with a BMI of 39.8 I think(lightweight) wearing a size 20 now I'm in a 4 or 6 depending on how it's made. I'M LOVING IT"
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/05 4:55 am
I am down 139 pounds (from 308 to 169), from 54.6 BMI to 29.9 - officially just overweight as of this morning - no longer obese. I am 83% to goal of 140 for 5'3" so I have 29 # to go. I did break my 5-6 week plateau, but it's getting harder to lose it. I went from size 3X to 10/12. I feel good, but really hope I make it to goal.
Heather_L
on 5/10/05 11:14 pm - Hibbing, MN
I'm not officially 11 months out until the 21, but I will post anyway. I am down 127 pounds. I started out at 269 and weigh 142. I started out in extremely tight 24's because I refused to buy bigger. XXL shirts. Now I wear size 2 jeans and small or x-small tops. I even have found myself buying kids 14-16 shorts. Who would have ever thought that would happen. I have absolutely no boobs left and I am very happy about that. Until I try to put a nice outfit on and I can't fill out the top. Then I think about adding a little more stuffing up top. Can we ever be happy? I am so happy for all us June bugs. We have done awesome. Heather
dcox94
on 5/11/05 1:10 pm - North Wilmington, DE
I am down 187 in 11 months...I have a goal to get to 200 by my 1 year anniversary June 21st....I am just wondering can I make it? I can wear alot of different sizes.....Pants 18, Tops L-XL but I still hang out in alot of 3X stuff....I love my clothes and can't give them up yet! What a ride...Glad I went this road! Debbie
Island G.
on 5/14/05 12:56 pm - powder springs, GA
Hi JuneBugs!!! I will be 11 months on the 21st also and I have lost 95lbs so far, I want to reach the 100lb mark by June 21st. I have really enjoyed seeing myself shrink with each passing month, I have turned into a shopaholic!!! I started at 280lbs, wearing size 22's, now I'm in size 12's and really very happy!!!! Now Im thinking a 10 wouldnt be soooo bad. But could stay right here forever just need to tone up a bit and Im working on that. Take Care!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/05 10:28 pm
11 months for me will be on 29 May... I've been stuck at 97 pounds for a while now, but I know exactly what I've been doing wrong and am working on getting out of this funk Started at 280, wearing size 24/26, 2XL/3XL and I'm at 183 and wearing size 14/16P/L. My goal is to weigh 140 (normal BMI)... but having been overweight all my life I'm not sure if it's a realistic goal, but I'm still shooting for it As for size, I'll be happy with a solid size 12, but I'm thinking a size 10 may not be so unattainable... My 1 year appointment is 11 July and I hope to be at around 165 by then... wish me luck! :D
CVanscyoc
on 5/17/05 5:21 pm - Sarahsville, OH
Well as of today I am down -122 lbs. I started at 287 and my 11 month weigh in is today...May 18th. I officially weigh 165! I too have found some bones that I didn't know I had....actually I thought they had messed something up when my sternam (sp) showed up under my chest. I went to my PCP and he just laughed at me....Oh well. I now have hip bones too and its funny to have a hard time sitting on a boney hind end. I have gone from a size 26/28 pants to a loose 14s ...nervous about trying the 12's...but I will try them soon, and I was a 3X in tops and am down to Mediums.YEAH!!!! The other day I bought shorts for exercising and thought the Large looked like they were big enough ( not trying things on is a hard habit to break from my heavier days ) and ended up taking them back because ....get this......THEY WERE TOOOOOOO BIG! I haven't had that happen in a VERY VERY long time. So I now have the mediums and they are pretty roomy too. I also have the jiggly legs, and arms, but its so much better than the filled out way I was before, that I don't care. (Well sorta....lol) Good luck to everyone else....and Congratulations! Cindy in OHIO 287/165/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views