11 months--down 143lbs..Am I ok??

Jess1780
on 5/4/05 10:07 pm - Erie, PA
Sunday is my 11 month anniversary. I began at 359 lbs and today I weigh 216lbs...A total of 143lbs in 11 months....Is this weight loss normal?? If I slow down I go into a panic! Am I ok??
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/05 10:58 pm
You're not OK. You are WONDERFUL!!! Now... beware... the weight loss may start slowing down... which is completely normal. As long as you remember the rules, you'll be just fine! CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the GREAT work!!!!! :D Angie http://www.geocities.com/tiger_angie Stallers What happened? Do you feel as if the wheels fell off your car while you were cruising the freeway? One minute you're losing 10 pounds a week and suddenly you haven't lost a single pound in an entire month! Relax... welcome to what everyone calls a 'plateau'. After dropping a large amount of weight your body is trying to preserve it's comfortable blanket of fat and is doing what it can to stop the massive weight loss. This is where all the old self doubt creeps in, and we jump to the conclusion that we are going to be the only one who doesn't lose weight with this surgery. Don't worry, if you keep on track, getting in plenty of protein, keeping your carb count low, and drinking copious amounts of water to flush your body, you will continue to lose, albeit in smaller but still steady amounts over the next months. Every little bit adds to your total and gets you closer to goal. My surgeon makes it clear that the first hundred pounds is his job, but the rest is up to us. Now is where that plan for high protein, low carbs, and vitamins comes into play. You were supposed to initiate a change in your relationship with food during the last phase, but you can regroup now and pick up the pace. Calculate your protein needs; you need roughly a little more than half a gram of protein per pound of ideal body weight. A woman who should weight about 145 pounds needs about 83 grams of protein a day to maintain good health. (The actual calculation is 'Ideal Weight' ÷ 2.2 × 1.25grams of protein = Protein Needs). If you can't physically eat this much protein, which would entail eating 10-12 ounces of chicken, fish, eggs or cheese a day, you will need to find protein supplements that you like in order to give yourself that protein boost. If you go for months without adequate protein you will get very tired, have little energy and experience extended hair loss. Stick to your plan and the weight will slowly start to come off again and you will begin to feel strong and very mu*****ontrol. Now is also a great time to start moving around and getting some exercise if you didn't bother while you were losing quickly and it all seemed a bit too easy. Your body can move more freely after dropping such a large amount of weight, and getting your metabolism up and running will increase your weight loss and make you even stronger. Stallers 7months-12months http://store.bariatriceating.com/stallers.html The 10 Rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgdate-forums/06-2004/postdetail/4645.html?vc=0
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views