Increased Hunger? Have you Noticed?

Betterthanbefore
on 3/4/05 1:34 pm - Naperville, IL
I have noticed that on some days. I can eat like a horse. I mean it seems as if my body can not get satisfied some other days my hunger is very low. and since I do dump, on the super food days, I sometimes fall into tempation of sweets. What are your thoughts? Mr. Jae -117 lbs
Melissa S
on 3/5/05 3:37 am - Cool Ridge, WV
I know that somedays I want to eat more and the last 2 days have been like that for me. I have been trying to make good choices but it is hard not to just grab a bag of chips. Courtney 5'9" RNY 6-22-04 300/188/165
Kathy B.
on 3/6/05 1:05 pm - Folsom, CA
I have noticed the same thing. Some days I am amazed at how much I can eat. What is strange to me is that other days, I can't eat hardly a thing. I am not sick, I am not dumping, just full on a 1/4 of what filled my up even the day before. Weird- Thank goodness I dump on even the smallest amount of sugar so I don't have to worry about being tempted by sweets, but the crunchy salty stuff can't come into my house. Otherwise, some old bad habits sneak back. All my best, Kathy -153
Madame
on 3/7/05 7:12 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Hey Jae, I have noticed the exact same thing. I guess it's a 9 month out thing or something I noticed that some days a can eat a WHOLE lot. I mean like almost an entire meal!!! And I just stay hungry all day - always looking for the next thing to put in my mouth. But then other days I'm back to a few bits of this and a few bites of that. I really do not want to fall back into bad habits and endless snacking. I'm trying to find ways to curb this problem or at least get a better understanding of why it's happening. Did I stretch my pouch, Am I cheating the rules, is 30 minutes to soon to drink after a meal???? Now that I know it's not just me I feel a little better but I still need to work this out - I am NOT Pleased!!! Still loosing weight 115 gone now and I still have 30 more pounds to go. Don't want to blow it by eating to much. Sharon
Tracey L.
on 3/7/05 11:55 am - Lakebay, WA
Sharon, we are surgery date sisters!! I'm down 105 lbs and am experiencing exactly what you wrote in your post. I often wonder if I stretched my pouch out....but I don't really think so. I think it's a natural slow down. I find that all along I've lost 10 lbs, then I stall for a few weeks, then I drop 10 then stall.....but I average 10 a month. If I really gear up on my protein shakes and vitamins and water I lose better and eat less junk. It's nice to see that others are about where I am in losses and such. Hope you get that 30 lbs off by summer!! I can't wait to start buying my new wardrobe.....$$$$....whoo hoo.....it will be so fun. Best to you, Tracey
Madame
on 3/7/05 1:30 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
Hey Surgery Sis!!! Yeah we are right about on the same path. Mine is a 10 pound loss with a few lil ups and downs along the way. I'm doing my best to stay on track. I would just love to reach my goal by June and if I don't I will be so close to it it won't matter at all. I'm extremely happy with my decision to have this surgery. It's been a blessing. I wish you continued blessings, Sharin
loveynj
on 3/8/05 8:49 am - Williamstown, nj
I thought I was the only one. I can actually eat all day long now on some days. Not everyday but some, and it's really been hard. Lucky for most of you that dump...I wish I did because it's really hard not to have that candy bar at work when I am feeling hungry and I forgot to pack enough cucumbers or little munchies and all I have is the snock machine. But before you tell me "no don't do it" I know it's just really hard but I have been resisting.Plus I have been freaked out these past few days because ever since my surgery when my period comes I seem to be 4-5 pounds lighter ( thats been great) but this week when my menstrual came I got on the scale and freaked out because I was like 7 pounds heavier. I keep telling myself I am just bloated but it has me worried.
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 5:46 pm
I totally relate. And this is why we have to work harder at doing the right thing... which is certainly not easy... especially for those of us who don't dump. I have to watch myself in the office more than anything... there's always something yummy lying around I had been on a plateau for a while, and started keeping a journal of what I was eating... well, I realized I'd been grazing way too much. Writing down what I eat really helps!!! I use this particular journal, because I really like it, but all you need is a notebook and a pen http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0618344241/qid=1110447770/sr=8-4/ref=pd_csp_4/103-7048647-1751856?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 I've refocused, mostly having only my 3 meals a day, and started losing weight again. I'm still having a hard time getting my exercise in. Really a weak point for me, but I'm working on it... I have to say though... during my period I am always "hungry" which really means I am always thinking "what can I eat?"... it's like I can't have enough... so I REALLY have to watch myself during those days! Oh, just some info: I love POWER CRUNCH. They are great for when I have a craving for something sweet, because it's low carb and high protein... you can find them at http://www.bariatriceating.com OK, over and out ;)
Debra F.
on 3/12/05 3:20 am - Newport, KY
I am noticing the same thing and scareing the heck out of me. I guess the futher along you are I guess you do eat more but I don't want to but I can't help it. What can I do. Debra French 117 pounds gone
Hah_La
on 3/23/05 3:27 am - Port Lavaca, TX
I was SO glad to read this post and the replies because I was worried I was the only one! I'm also curious as to how much you would say you're eating quantity wise at a meal... Larena 6/17/04 -135 #
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views