Please help, feel like I'm gonna be a failure......

pattybre
on 2/28/05 3:25 am - Fairless Hills, PA
I had my surgery on June 28, starting weight 360. I got down to 243 but I've been stuck there for a while and today I am UP 5 lbs!! That hasn't happened ever since my surgery..... I am just worrying if I am done losing and starting to think I will never get to my goal (180) . Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for how far I've already come but getting bummed that I won't get any further
Melissa S
on 2/28/05 6:31 am - Cool Ridge, WV
How is your diet? Do you log daily what you eat? Are you getting enough protein and water? What about excersize?
erbles
on 2/28/05 11:41 pm - South Amboy, NJ
I lost 58 lbs before surgery and I am down 106 since surgery on June 14, btu I have only lost 6 pounds in the last two months and that was all in the beginning of January. I realized that it is my fault though. I tink I would be at goal weight if I didn't slack off. I am in a relationship with a great guy now and I am comfortable. I realize that is no excuse, but that is the reason. I would rather spend more time with him than at the gym. So I have decided that today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am gogin after it again. I have 42 more pounds to lose and I want to do it by June 14th (my anniversary date) I may not make it, but I sure as hell am going to try. I find that I am hard on myself about what I have donw to screw up, but what we all need to do is stop thinking about the past, and start thinking about what we can do in the future and I am gogin to log off the computer now and go to the gym. Thank you for helping me to refocus.
Smile
on 3/1/05 11:05 am - Buffalo, MN
I am sooooooooooooo glad that I am not alone!! I have not been doing the best either. Don't get me wrong, I love my new body, but I haven't really lost anything for a while now. I know that the inches are going down, but I want to see a different number on the scale. I know that we aren't suppose to dwell on the numbers...but it is so hard not to. I need to start up the excersising and make sure that I write down my fluids....that really helps me get the ounces down. If I don't write them down, I tend to slack. We can all start doing better together...........OK? LeAnn
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/05 10:55 pm
I'm so in the same boat! I haven't lost a pound in one month. However, I have put on clothes that 20 days ago did not fit. So I know something's happening, but I agree... I want that number on the scale to moooove! I do have to plead guilty to not exercising as I should. I'm kickstarting that and going back to 3 meals a day and no grazing... I must be part of the century club soon, or I'll have a fit! BTW, never thought I'd feel proud to say this but... I'm obese! Not morbidly obese (as I was before surgery) and not severely obese. Just obese. Whoo hoo! Here's the journal I'm using to keep track of what I eat. I'd bought the book (THIN FOR LIFE) a while back when I was trying to lose weight before, and I really liked it, and loved the journal. It's a great tool to find out what we're REALLY putting in our mouths, plus it offers some good motivation http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0618344241/qid=1109772151/sr=8-4/ref=pd_csp_4/104-4455578-7602358?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
jeanann
on 3/2/05 8:50 am - Emory, TX
I'm so glad I am not alone! I also had my surgery last June, and have just come off a six week plateau. I thought I was going to pull my hair out & go insane!!! But I took someone's advice and shook up my normal routine. I drank more water, cut WAY back on carbs, and switched my excercise bike for walking for a few days. BAM! My body responded, and I've lost 8 lbs in the last two weeks. Now, if only I could join the century club! Only two more pounds to go!
Jody D.
on 6/27/05 12:20 pm - Cranford, NJ
I think we've all been there. I gained 5 lbs and was afraid and then I revisited what I had been eating. I had gotten away from the protein and was feeling awful... gained weight and my hair started fallling out. I went back to the protein, felt much better and the 5 lbs came off plus 2 more. It's all about what you're eating.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views