Plateau

Patricia O.
on 2/26/05 3:23 pm - Miami, FL
Hey guys, I am down 98lbs. But I have not lost anything for the past month. I am going crazy on what to do. I started going to the gym and eating all protein and 5-6 times a day. I only need 10lbs to get to my goal weight and I am loosing my patience. Anyone has any advice on anything else I should be doing. Patty 268/170/160
terrycoles
on 2/27/05 12:21 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Exercise more! That's what I do when I'm on a plateau. Do more cardio....do an hour or more if you can. Or switch the type of cardio you do. I found that the eliptical machines burn off twice as many calories as the treadmill or bikes, so I use them. Are you supposed to be eating 5 times a day? I only eat 3 times a day and for the most part don't snack in between. You certainly don't want to add more calories in between meals. I make sure I get about 20-25g of protein per meal from food since my surgeon is against protein supplements. He feels they add unnecessary calories to our daily intake and I agree. I have 18 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 130. I started at 276 and have lost 128 pounds (my surgery was on June 14th, 2004). As of today I'm technically only 7 pounds overweight, which makes me giggle when I think about it. I've lost 12 pounds this month, so despite being 8 months out I see no signs of the weight loss slowing up yet. I do about 45 minutes of cardio (usually the eliptical machine) and about 45 minutes of weights and abs 5-6 times a week. I don't feel like going today so I'm trying to talk myself into going by telling you to do more. Ok so I have to practice what I preach so as soon as I get done here I'm going to the gym. Isn't it amazing to think that a lifetime of struggling with being overweight is almost over? I can shop in junior stores now and wear tiny size small tops and size 6-8 pants. I tried on a pair of size 8 pants yesterday and they were TOO BIG! I giggled to myself in the fitting room and though wow.....8's are too big. What a thrill! So be patient and you will lose the rest of the weight. Increase the exercise and really watch what you eat and it will happen. The weight loss never seems to make sense. I was on a cruise a few weeks ago and ate more, exercised only a few times and came back 2 pounds lighter. Other times I eat very little and kill myself in the gym and don't lose. I remember my surgeon telling me at the very beginning....he said "you're body will fight you every step of the way losing this weight," and he was right. Good luck, Terry 276/148/130 sometime soon?
Smile
on 3/1/05 11:16 am - Buffalo, MN
WOW you guys!!! You are doing great!!! I wish that I could afford to go to the gym! I know that I need to excersise.....I do a lot of cleaning, vacuuming and up and down the stairs...I guess I feel that is a lot of hard work, but I don't do that every day. I think that I will start doing my work out video/DVDs. Something is better than nothing. LeAnn 259/168/150?
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 5:52 pm
Hi, I'd been on a plateau for a little over a month. I started keeping a journal of what I was eating. I think it's excellent way to REALLY see what we're putting in our mouths. I've refocused, started going back to my 3 meals a day and have lost 5 pounds already. This is the journal I use, but all you need is a notebook and a pen http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0618344241/qid=1110447770/sr=8-4/ref=pd_csp_4/103-7048647-1751856?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views