hair loss

ybranch
on 2/23/05 1:00 am - South Ozone Park, NY
help I have lost 102 pounds and I am losing my hair can anybody help me with advice
Alix
on 2/23/05 7:28 am - New Brunswick, NJ
I have lost exactly 102 lbs since june 14th however my hair loss was rapid just after the first two months and has stopped pretty much altogether. They say the sooner it starts the sooner it ends --it probably lasted about 4 months for me.
ybranch
on 2/23/05 10:11 am - South Ozone Park, NY
Thank you so much I hope mine will stop soon
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/05 4:15 pm
I had some hair loss for about a couple of months but it was never too much and it basically stopped. It is very VERY important that you get at least 80 grams of protein a day. Also, the vitamins are critical! I don't know much about much, but I swear by the VistaVitamins... I believe that they were key on my not losing a lot of hair... but again, I don't know much
SimplyRedHead
on 2/25/05 1:13 am - Longwood, FL
I lost hair from the 4th thru 8th months, but it has finally stopped now and I have wispy new growth all over my head now. The good thing is that it does grow back Hang in there! Amy
tinsa427
on 2/25/05 5:23 am - Mandan, ND
I was told protein is the key to minimize hair loss. You should be getting at least 60 g of protein a day. 1 oz meat = 7g milk 1 g per oz cottage cheese 8 g per 1/4 c egg 1 = 7 g cheese 1 oz = 7 g Most of your protein should be in solids as they stay in pouch longer, liquid drinks flush through almost immediatedly with little absorption. Hope this helps you, it's helped me.
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/05 11:07 pm
Interestingly enough, I've found some conflicting information... I wonder what is correct: From: http://home.comcast.net/~muzicluvr777/Eval.htm Drink your protein ! ! ! (120-180 mg per day)Why? Even considering that the definition of proximal used by the surgeon varies greatly, in ALL proximal RNY surgeries, the duodenum is bypassed. In order for dietary protein to be absorbed, it must go through several enyzmatic reactions in order to be broken down into amino acids, which are the only form the protein can be absorbed into the small intestine. The first and second of these steps are missed - even in the most proximal RNY. (1.Acid breakdown in the stomach, and 2.delivery of bile and digestive enzymes from the pancreas through the duodenum - necessary for protein breakdown) [This part is in medical-ese, but I can't say it without being so] The two most important proteolytic (protein breakdown) enzymes are secreted from the pancreas in inactive forms - trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen. In the duodenum, the enzyme enteropeptidase activates trypsinogen to trypsin, which, in turn activates, among others, chymotrypsinogen to chymotrypsin. The trypsin and chymotrypsin split certain peptide bonds within the protein. Another pancreatic enzyme splits off single amino acids from one end of the protein chains that occur in the digestion process. Since the chewed food doesn't even start the digestive process (for protein anyway****il it reaches the common channel (where the 2 upper parts of the Y), it has significantly less time to "do its work" and breakdown the dietary protein into the amino acids that we (or anyone) can absorb. Therefore dietary protein should not be counted for more than 25-50% of its value in the proximal RNY patient. In the distal patient, dietary protein would not be counted at all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views