HOW AM I DOING?

Kathy J.
on 2/18/05 1:05 am - St Petersburg, FL
WELL MY SURGERY WAS JUNE 25TH 2004....8 MONTHS AGO. I WAS 236 AND NOW I AM 167. I FEEL GREAT. I AM AT A PLATEAU....SPELLING? AND NOT DOING MUCH EXERCISE...AND JUST HAD A PIECE OF CHEESE PIZZA (EMPLOYER PROVIDED LUNCH FOR US TODAY). I WENT FROM A 24 TO A NEW 12!!! I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A CRACK HEAD BUT I DO WANT TO LOSE ABOUT 20 MORE POUNDS. ANY SUGGESTIONS>??? THIS WEEK I HAVE UPED MY WATER AND CHILLIN ON THE CARBS (UPING THE PROTEIN TOO). HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING??
naillady54
on 2/18/05 11:59 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi Everyone....Went to the doctor yesterday and weighed in at 158 down from 288 that is a 130lb weight loss from June 30,2004. She told me I was a sucsess story as far as she was concerned. Then asked me how much more I wanted to lose. Told her I would like to be down to 145 by June. I saw that about 30 years ago. She told me that was doable and to go for it. Just keep doing what I was doing and it would be off by then. So as of today I will cut back on the carbs, up the protein and make very sure I get all the water I need. Wish me luck. Now if I can just get hubbie to stop telling me to eat when I know I am not hungry....Speaking of hubbie. Doctor told us he could also get surgery done. So we are waiting for PCP to get everything together for him. Enough for now. Hope everyone was a nice weekend and keep up all the good work. We can all do it. Karen P.S. one other thing...doctor also told me to start looking for a doctor who will take my insurance for my tummy tuck......Sounds good to me!!!!!
marypoco
on 2/19/05 8:35 am - amherst, MA
Kathy and Karen, congrats to both of you on your weight losses!!! Kathy I had hit a plateau and I upped the exercise and don't eat hardly any carbs. though I do like my pretzels!! and my whole wheat crackers. I try to get my water in too but, sometimes I don't drink as much water as I should be doing. Karen your doing excellent. I started at 268 and I'm now at 164. You've got me beat!! I know , I know we all lose differently. anyone of you going to the boston gathering for WLS that is talked about on spotlight health?? Sounds like a fun time. I'm going with my friend and support person. Check it out on Spotlight. Sounds good. Good luck hitting all our goals everybody!! Mary 6/8/04
Paula J.
on 2/19/05 10:36 am - Dover Plains, NY
Kathy I think you are doing great by the sounds of i****er, Protein, Exercise - it's all the still the same huh? I had RNY on 6/29/04 and I've lost 130 lbs so far. about 3 weeks ago I was slowwinggg down, so I started to up the exercise a bit and it seems to have worked wonderfully...keep plugging!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views