Question...

Laura S.
on 2/10/05 11:01 am
Hi to everyone! I've read through some posts and can't believe I'm just now getting to this board. I can so relate to so many things you've all posted. For example, I recently leaned in to the mirror to put on makeup or brush my teeth, I can't recall, but I nearly died when I noticed my collar bones! It literally scared me! I also just ended a 3+ week plateau (I was stuck at 172 for what seemed like ages). Ok, enough of that... should have intro'd myself first... I'm Laura, 30 y.o. had lap rny on 6-29-04 in Nashville, TN. My starting weight was 284, hit the century mark some time in late December. I'm now down 120 and only 29 short pounds away from my goal. Now, my question... Have any of you looked into plastics? My bat wings & thighs are hiddeous, well, most things are, but at least the other stuff is hidden! Anyway, curious as to steps for plastic surgery... should be be at goal before doing that? Any help is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to learning about you all! Laura S. Lap RNY 6-29-04 Dr. Houston 284/164/135
Smile
on 2/10/05 12:15 pm - Buffalo, MN
I would love to have some done....BUT..... A) I can't afford it. and B) I was told that you have to wait until you are at least 2 years out before they will do it. Has anyone else heard this too? Maybe it is just my doctor.
bubbleboo K.
on 2/11/05 9:12 am - anywhere, OK
I called a platic surgeons office and asked. They recommend you lose all the weight you want first, but they will see you for a consult after 1 year. I have heard of some getting tt at 9 months due to the amount of extra skin. Good luck.
marypoco
on 2/14/05 6:50 am - amherst, MA
Hi Laura, First off welcome to the junebugs!! At my surgeons office, you have to be down all your weight first and than mantain for 6 months. Unless you have ton's of excess skin i.e. you started at a very high start weight.. That's o.k. that my butt looks like a charpay {spelling} puppy. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much better than this time last year. @ 268. good luck our goal is in sight now. for you and me too!! ~ Mary 6/8/04 268/260/165/145??
kr1sta1ynn
on 2/15/05 2:38 am - wichita, ks
We share a surgery date! Welcome to the group! I'm still about 60 pounds out from goal so I haven't visited the ps issue yet...let me know what you find out. krista R Lap RNY 6-29-04 Dr. Porter 386/214.....
Rose V.
on 3/3/05 2:13 am - Westampton, NJ
Hi Laura, I am 9 months out, and also have bat wings and legs like cottage cheese. I have looked into plastic surgery I have about 15 more pounds to go to be at my goal weight. I was told that they can do a bat wing & leg fat tuck, they literally cut the excess fat away and stitch you up, they do the scars on the inside of legs and under the arm. The insurance companies will not pay for this. It is rather costly about $8,000 including overnight in the hospital. I hope this helps. by the way my name is Rose. Good luck in your ventures you have come a long way.
naillady54
on 3/6/05 9:31 am - Cookeville, TN
When I went in for my last check up my doctor told me to go ahead and start checking into finding a doctor for TT surgery...Sooooooooooooo..... I know I am only 8 months out but my doctor seems to think I will only lose another 10-15 pounds. For these of you who are on Tenn-Care Select, I have found a doctor in Davidson **** who will take our insurance for TT. Of course the surgery must be for medical reasons, but give it a try......Dr. Patikes or Dr. Hueneke... the phone number is 615-327-0303. The lady which answered the phone was very nice. So I go April 5 and will soon find out if I can get anything done. Wish me luck. I started at 288, down to 153 and would like to end up 135-140. This whole thing has been like a dream, a good one at that. Because I have done so well, my husband now has an appointment with my doctor for gastric surgery and will see her the same day I see about TT. So it should not be too long before he will be down to a nice size also. Good luck to all and give the doctor a call. The sooner the better. Karen RNY6-30/288-154-145 soon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views