Starting as a Lightweight????

Christine E.
on 2/7/05 1:42 am - houston, TX
I had my surgery on June 22. I started at a 40 BMI. I am 5' 9 1/2" and was 276 day of surgery. Today I am 185, but have only lost 4 lbs since January 4th!!!! Anyone else REALLY slowing down? I think my BMI is between 26 and 27 now. I really want to get to 155 or 160, but I am starting to think I might not unless I starve myself? Any thoughts?
Smile
on 2/8/05 3:47 am - Buffalo, MN
Hi there Christine I too was a "light weight" (tell that to my knees) I started this journey at 259, lost 19lbs before surgery and the day of my WLS I was at 240. I have been floating around 170 for a while now....but I do notice that the inches are melting away. Try upping the protein and water. I seem to notice that when I do that then I will lose a few pounds. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have noticed that other june bugs have slowed down too, so we are not alone. LeAnn 259/170/140? This a new picture of me, just posted. Remember, if you work out, muscle weighs more than fat.
Jamgirlie
on 2/9/05 3:22 am - Americus, GA
I started at 240. I'm staying around 165 now on my scale. The docs scale says 170. SO I think it is normal to slow way down. I'm supposed to weight 118. I dont think I'll ever get there. *S* Jamie
Smile
on 2/10/05 9:53 pm - Buffalo, MN
WOW only 118? How tall are you? As long as you are comfortable, and healthy I think that is all that matters.
Chocolate D.
on 2/20/05 2:47 am - Houston, TX
Hello I also started out as a light weight, The day of surgery I was 240pds and today I think I am 138 and I want so bad to stop losing wiehgt. If I lose anymore I think I'm going to look like a CRACK-HEAD. My arms are so small, Thank God I don't have any flab any where my body look pretty good to me I just want to stop losing weight.
flirte
on 2/23/05 3:21 am
I hope you don't mind me putting in my two sence here I was wondering around the message boards and saw your post. I actually had my surgery on May 17. I like going to the April site, and June site. Anyway, I was a lightweight too. Coming out of hspital at 268...went in hospital at 248...yep I gained in hospital anyway...Everyone told me I would NOT loose weight at the rate of my firends who were heavier...To expect a very slow loss. This REALLY bothered me. This is what I do. After every meal, and still to this day..I tell myself I am full after the second bite of food. You see, to me food wasn't just nourshment, but it was a mind thing. So I tell myself ALWAY'S I am not hungry. (mind over matter thingy) It has worked wonders for me. I eat about a 1/2 cup per meal and feel full always. I now weigh 136 and hope to loose another 11 lbs. I am 5'7, with a VERY small frame..measured wrist and it is 5 in. around I don't look thin at all. My best friend weighs 162 and much smaller than me. She is also shorter than I am. With you being tall...that is a definate advantage. I bet you look GREAT! The scales definatly slow down, but you will continue to loose if you watch those calaries. Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey. Hugs, Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/05 10:58 pm
I started at 280 and I'm at around 193 right now... We definitely slow down... in fact, I'm on a plateau... grrr... I have not lost any weight for about a month... ack! But!!! I'm wearing this pair of pants a friend gave me, which 20 days ago did not fit and they fit nicely now, so obviously I'm losing inches. However, I do want badly to hit the 100 pound mark! Not to mention I have about 40 pounds to go after that My weak point has been the exercise. I know I have to get that going if I want to see results. I've also caught myself eating foods that have sugar more often than I should... so I'm changing that as well... No need to starve ourselves, just go back to basics - protein, water, exercise... Yeah? I found this article very informative: http://home.comcast.net/~muzicluvr777/Eval.htm Good luck to us! Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views