Anyone else with low energy?

Shrinking V.
on 2/5/05 11:40 am - salt lake city, Ut
I can't figure it out, when I 1st had the surgery, I felt great, now I find i'm tired all the time, I take my Vits. drink my water, get lots of sleep, and it's especially bad around my period---anyone else with this problem?? Down 85 lbs. 7 1/2 months ~~Violet
katiemac22630
on 2/5/05 8:53 pm - Front Royal, VA
I had the same problem.. However, I work nights and wasnt able to get any sleep durring the day, not becuase it was loud, but becuase for whatever reason I couldnt sleep/wasnt sleeping well.. I ended up getting sores in the corners of my mouth that my Dr said were "cold sores" and then she gave me a Rx for sleeping pills.. the cold sores wouldnt go away, but I was sleeping.. So I was reading in my College Bio book and we were going over nutrition, and I saw something about the description for lack of B2.. "cracks" in the corners of the mouth and nervous system problems (which I translated into part of my inability to sleep) and I started taking a B2 supplement and with in literally 3 days my mouth was MUCH better and I was sleeping without my sleep aid.. maybe have your Doc run it? Mine didnt test for it.. Katie
bubbleboo K.
on 2/6/05 1:54 am - anywhere, OK
Have you had your blood work up done? You could have a deficiency. Luckily for me I have tons of energy, but I cannot work out at the gym until my hernia repair is healed. Are you hypothyroid? I know before I was diagnosed I was tired all the time, but once I was put on med. my energy level improved dramatically. Good luck.
mjbwright
on 2/10/05 1:05 pm - JACKSONVILLE, NC
Hey...I've had the same issue and with a 2 yr old, energy is not something I can afford to lose. Have you tried Slow FE? It's a slow release iron suppliment. My nutritionalist told me about it. Iron is not well absorbed into our bodies after the surgery and we tend to become anemic. It has helped me alot. I just have to set it by my vitamins to remember to take it daily. Anyway, you can find it in Wal-mart. "Slow FE" runs about $15 and its worth it. Well, I hope that this helps you. Make sure you are getting your levels checked by the way. Take care.
Carmen T.
on 2/22/05 10:47 pm - Columbia, SC
I am having the same problem and especially with my last period. I am getting 8-10 hours of sleep and still waking up and wanting to go back to sleep. I have a 2 year old too. Not only can I not concentrate at work but I am so worn out when we get home all I want to do is sit on the couch. I called my Doctor this morning and am waiting to hear back. In the mean time I think I am going to go to Walmart at lunch and get so B something ; ) Carmen LAP RNY 6/2/04 297/201/180
Shrinking V.
on 2/23/05 5:17 am - salt lake city, Ut
Hey Carmen, I tried e-mailing you and it came back, so I'll just try and reply to this. I just got my lab work done, and everything is normal, Bizarre, huh? I then decided to ask an Herbalist friend, and she said it sounded like I was low in Pantothentic Acid (B-6), interesting to me because when i was pregnant, I had major morning sickness, and the only thing that helped was B-6 Injections. I wonder if they're connected? who knows. Sooooo, I'm off to the Health Food Store to get B-6 vits. to suppliment, (I already take B-12 sublingually) Good Luck to you, and I hope you figure it out and feel better soon as well!~~Violet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views