Who's exercising and what are you doing??

B.J.
on 1/21/05 2:16 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
A couple of really cool things have happened here recently . . . since the weather turned cold here I am having a lot of problems getting out and walking. I have two small kids here so I try and work around their schedules, but they've both been home sick from school lately and I'm getting no time for myself. About two weeks ago on our local "freecycle" list, someone was giving away a home gym made by Weider and we were the winners! It's one of those 4-station setups where you can basically do any of activities you would find at Curves. There is a stair-stepper attachment, leg lift, arms, etc. The whole system operates with weights, cables and pulleys. We got it over here and set up only to find there is one cable that needs to be replaced, so I'm working on finding someplace to buy it from . . . then I hope to create a regular regimen on this equipment ASAP. It is taking up half of our basement LOL! The other cool thing -- a member of our local support group is selling a very very very nice commercial-style treadmill for just $250 -- she can't use it anymore due to a knee injury. It's still under warranty for another year and only has 75 miles on it. I'm using money I set aside to join a gym to buy it, picking this baby up next week. I am SO excited. Then I'll have absolutely NO EXCUSES, will I? Oh, btw, I always see exercise equipment being given away on my freecycle lists. You ladies might want to check out freecycle.org to see if there is a group near you (just add www.) -BJ 300/still 207 and getting tired of THAT/150???
Melissa S
on 1/21/05 6:01 am - Cool Ridge, WV
Sounds like you have a great plan! I walk on my treadmill everyday and LOVE it! I also do weight training 3 days a week. Courtney 300/201/165
bubbleboo K.
on 1/21/05 11:13 pm - anywhere, OK
Good for you. The only thing i am allowed to do right now is walking. I had hernia repair on 1-11 and will not be allowed back in the gym for 3 lmonths. Bummer. I hope this does not affect my weight loss adversly. Looks like we are in the same boat on our numbers. I am hoping to get down to 150, but at this rate I don't think I will make it. Good luck.
B.J.
on 1/21/05 11:44 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Bubbleboo . . . what kind of hernia did you have repaired? Incisional or otherwise? Two years ago I had an umbilical hernia and needed emergency surgery. It took me every bit of 3 months to recuperate, phew. Yes, it seems like a lot of us are on this same boat . . . it is hard not to get discouraged sometimes. -BJ 300/205 this a.m./150??? that dang scale finally moved -2 pounds
dcox94
on 1/22/05 7:42 pm - North Wilmington, DE
WOW You are a winner! I think that is great you will have the gym come to you vs you going to the gym! I have had a few weeks these past weeks where I have no time for gym...getting home late and well tired! Although I went yesterday and felt good about it! I hope you get lots of enjoyment from the equipment and good luck on the goal of 150! That is where I want to go too! 5'7" and 150 lbs would be a nice image. See you at 150! Debbie
Debra F.
on 1/27/05 12:53 am - Newport, KY
I haven't been on the board to much and I feel bad about it. I had my surgery June 2nd and it seems like we are all on the same page. That is so weird. I too is hoping for 150 and I know we will get there. I have been exerising too. I walk around the gym at work and I got me a gazelle and I am on that for 10 minutes. It has help a whole lot. As of today and being 7 months out I have lost 110 pounds. I have energy like I never had before. The other thing I discovered is I have bones that I didn't know I had. It is funny though cause when I sit down it hurts. I have to sit on a pillow. My hip bones, I am feeling them also. Can't lay on my sides it hurts so much. Any of you ladies or anybody notice anything like this. I hope I hear from some of you. Happy Losing, Debra French 315/204/and soon 150?????????
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 3:37 pm - SC
I know what ya mean! I have neck bones!! And I NEVER knew I had a butt bone before! I have lots of energy, too. I love it!! Good job!! Marsha
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 3:39 pm - SC
I go to a place like Curves a 2-5 times a week, depending on my schedule. I also walk on my Mom's treadmill. When I was first post-op, going 2 mph just killed me, for 10 minutes. Yesterday I walked pretty steady at 3.5 mph and even jogged at 4.5 mph (briefly). I did a total of 1 mile in 20 minutes. Pretty impressive for me! I am hoping to be able to do more jogging. I actually like the treadmill pretty good. Good luck! And great job keeping things up! Marsha
SimplyRedHead
on 1/28/05 7:49 pm - Longwood, FL
I walk 3 miles per day (2 before work and 1 on my lunch hour). I am going to a gym on Monday, they are having a grand re-opening to see what they have and the costs. I need to start doing weight training/toning cause I am really, really flapping in the breeze these days.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views