Weight loss now?!

Jamgirlie
on 1/20/05 9:37 pm - Americus, GA
Well I posted about being stuck in the month of December. Since January 5th until the 15th I lost 2 pounds after I uped my exercise. I then got sick with a bad cold and didnt exercise much this week but got on the scale this morning and have lost another 3 pounds. Also, this week I found out I am pregnant. Is anyone else you had their surgery in June this way...and I just want to get what your surgeon has to say and what steps you are following because my surgeon is doing nothing and the OB i called wont see me until FEB 15th. SO at all costs to the others on the June board the plateau will stop and just exercise and eat right*S* thanks for listening Jamie
bubbleboo K.
on 1/20/05 11:24 pm - anywhere, OK
I'm like you, my weight has stalled. I didn't lose anything for a whole month, couldn't exercise due to hernia and just found out I will not be allowed back in the gym until I am 3 months out from my hernia repair surgery. That basically means I will not be able to do anything but walking until mid april. I am not sure how this is going to affect my ability to lose, but I am sure it is going to impact it. I did manage to lose a couple of pounds in the past week, so I am hoping that will continue. My pcp says it has a lot to do with my metabolism. I always thought it was slow and now I am sure it is otherwise I would be losing faster. Nothing to I can do except keep on following the rules. Good luck on your pregnancy. I am sure you will do well.
B.J.
on 1/21/05 2:03 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Jamie, CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! Do you have any other children? I *think* there is a pregnancy-related board somewhere here on OH . . . maybe some others who have been in the same spot can give you pointers until you get in to see your OB (that really stinks that you can't be seen sooner, IMO). Keep us posted on your progress! -BJ
SimplyRedHead
on 1/23/05 7:13 am - Longwood, FL
-139lb as of today. I've had numerous plateaus since my fifth month out. I try to not get discouraged but it isnt easy. I started with a BMI of 63 and currently am at 42, that is a big accomplishment but I cant wait to get below 40 and then get below 200lb. I need to lose 120lb to be at my first goal weight. My doctor's office manager also had surgery and runs his support groups, she suggested shaking up the exercise program to jumpstart weightloss, she said your body gets used to the same routine. So I will be joining a gym to add to my 3 mile/day walks. I am also going to really watch my carbs better. Back to basics! Amy
krystaleyes_1999
on 1/25/05 12:16 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
Visit this board . You will get losts of advice there Congratz and GL! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/postop_pregnancy/ ~Amanda 325/214/150 or less
SimplyRedHead
on 1/28/05 7:51 pm - Longwood, FL
I have lost 143lb. as of Thursday, 1/27. Had a 19 day plateau and then lost 6 lb. this week. I'm sure I'll hit another plateau soon, that seems to be a pattern for me. Amy
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 8:29 pm
I don't know anything about pregnancy, other than we should avoid it in the first year... but I guess that doesn't help you right now, eh? So, the only thing I can say, is PLEASE take your vitamins religiously! I was reading on the reviews for VistaVitamins how one person's OB told her to continue taking the VistaVitamins because they were better than pre-natal vitamins... Just something to consider. Good luck and congrats! :D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views