1 year June 2

Ruthann O.
on 1/19/05 11:43 pm - The Villages, FL
Hi just wanted to write and tell you that my surgary was june 2 went to Dr Overcash and have lost 100 pounds so far. Have had some problems but everything is fine except for a hernia which I hope will be taken care of in 4 or so months Things have really slowed down for me also but I finally joined curves and hope to be able to lose some more weight and lots of inches It was nice reading about you all I thought maybe I was far behind in the weight loss department I started out at 300 so I guess I am about average Thanks for your input It helps a lot Ruthann
B.J.
on 1/20/05 1:45 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi Ruthann, I checked your profile and see that this was your second operation -- did you have a revision? And if so, why? I see also where you wrote you are always hungry and never feel full. Now THAT I can relate to . . . -BJ 300/207/150??? -- losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for the past 3 months and getting FRUSTRATED
bubbleboo K.
on 1/20/05 11:28 pm - anywhere, OK
So I am not the only one. I have also been dealing with a stall in weight. I didn't lose anything for over a month, now have dropped a couple, but am afraid this will be the end for me. Really frustrating, but glad to know I am not hte only one out there dealing with this issue.
Kim S.
on 1/21/05 11:09 am - Columbus, IN
I had my surgery June 2,2004. I lost 100lbs. and gain back 10lbs. and now I'm trying to get that off , and some days I want to eat , it course I have had sweets earler that day. And/or I need to drink more water. but that one time a day I eat or drink something sweet, I eat the rest of the day. Kim
Ruthann O.
on 1/22/05 10:02 am - The Villages, FL
in answer to some of your questions yes it was my second operation had one in 1996 or 97 lost 160 pounds gained 3/4 of it back decided to try again so have lost the 100 need to lost about 40 more pounds never got down that low last time but am looking forward to it it makes me nervous to know that I am hungry and can eat lots more than I feel I should be eating I have a friend 3 years out and when she quits eating I try to also because she still gets full real fast I had a lot of problems with this 2nd one had a stricture and didnt eat for almost 5 weeks and last 3 weeks couldnt hold down a sip of water by the time I got in the hospital I was really dehydrated and needed 10 bags of potassiam but they scoped me and I could drink 3 weeks later I was in again for the same thing 2nd time it took and I have been doing great ever since but then I want to eat to much and get the runs because of to much sugar or fat (over the 5 grams) this time I know that I really have to watch or I will be right back up there and I difenately dont want that so I hope to be able to control my eating I wish you all good luck and learn from me that you still need will power this is a jump start but we have to learn to control out eating hope to talk to you all soon Ruthann
Kim S.
on 1/23/05 6:19 am - Columbus, IN
Ruthann, did you ask the Dr. how big they made your pouch ? Mine was 2oz. And yes ,I need to watch what I eat , and this week end was BAD, for me. But I know I can control it now. GOD IS GOOD!!! Kim
AngieM
on 1/23/05 2:44 am - Somewhere in, Pa
My surgery was June 3, and I started at 303 lbs. I, too am feeling really stuck right now.I have not lost for nearly a month. I just keep going up and down a lb or so. I am also shocked to find that all of a sudden I am hungry again, and can eat SOOO much more then I could early on. I know that the portions are still 1/4 of what I could eat pre surgery. But it still seems like too much after eating so little the first few months. I have lost 119 pounds so far. And I am SO happy about that. But, I do want to lose another 40 + pounds. I am praying that this is just a lull, and that I will continute to lose. As soon as the weather warms up, I plan to get moving outdoors more. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for sharing! It makes me feel so much better to hear others are right around the same stage I am in! Hugs, Ang
SimplyRedHead
on 1/23/05 7:05 am - Longwood, FL
Ruthann, I had my surgery with Overcash on June 2nd too. Small world! I am very active on the Florida board, hope you will join us over there sometime, we are very friendly and supportive. Keep up the great progress on your weightloss. Amy -139lb.
Ruthann O.
on 1/25/05 12:10 am - The Villages, FL
Amy I was glad to hear from you and from the many others *****sponded I am getting excited about being in smaller clothes and feeling so good joined curves last week and am not having any trouble there it is like a new world for me and I know also for all who have done this operation I just hope I can continue to lose more also and get this hernia fixed do you go to any of the meetings I have found them very helpful I go to the one in Ocala 2nd tuesday of the month Ruthann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views