excess skin?

angela D.
on 1/8/05 4:42 pm - belmont, WV
hi all! had a question? i have lost 65lbs and it is starting to show i have skin that hangs no matter how much exercising i do to it mostly my stomach, hips and thighs, i was concerding cosmedic surgery after i lose all the weight, does anyone else have this problem or are they concerding the same thing?
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 12:10 am
That is normal and I'm sorry to report that everywhere I've investigated, I find that exercise does NOT help. Depending on your age, the skin may or may not receed, and if it does it may take a year or two, as I understand it. I'm also noticing it, especially in my thighs... oh, and my arms are hanging like there's no tomorrow! ... not attractive to say the least, but I like what's going on inside (my heart is greatful, my joints are greatful...etc) I'll deal with the outside later
Carol-from-NJ
on 1/10/05 1:31 am - River Edge, NJ
Dear Angela, Hi. I have hanging skin on my upper abdomen (above my waistline), the lower abdomen is ok. Also, my "bat wings" under my arms are bad. Everything else is fine. I will not have cosmetic surgery (elective), not interested. At age 47 I look better than I ever have and never plan on wearing a bikini. Good luck to you and congratulations on your weight loss. Sincerely, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 5:05 am
P.S. About considering cosmetic surgery... I believe IF I do choose to have cosmetic surgery (not thrilled about more surgery), it will be for my thighs... and maaaaaaybe my arms... other than that, everything else is covered
Rose V.
on 2/4/05 4:29 am - Westampton, NJ
Hi Angela, I had my surgery on 6/04 and have lost 84lbs. I have 20 more to go. I have the same problem with the excess skin. I go to to gym 3 days a week with a trainer and all it got me was a hernia, the good thing is when I have my hernia surgery they will do a tummy tuck. so maybe pray for that hernia..... Best of luck to you. Rose
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views