SLOWWWW looser

Pinky1030
on 1/4/05 4:23 am - Mediapolis, IA
Revision on 06/24/14
I am 7 months out and only down 65 lbs. Haven't lost hardly any in 4 or 5 weeks. Seem to go up and down the same 2 or 3 pounds. Getting frustrated and wondering if there are others out there like me. I really thought I would loose 100lbs by now!!
katalina J.
on 1/4/05 5:57 am - foothills, NC
I'm only down by 68 lbs and I'm 6 months out. I've stopped losing but I'm getting smaller in size. I've only lost 10 lbs since Halloween. I'm not giving up though and neither should you. Just keep up with exercising and using the tool.
Jennifer L.
on 1/4/05 6:39 am - Canal Winchester, OH
Abby, I hear ya!!! I lost 67 pounds by December 1, nothing since. I do admit it has been hard to exercise lately. I will not give up, I am committed to exercise and good habits, and hopefully things will pick up. Happy New Year!!! Jen
bubbleboo K.
on 1/4/05 8:13 am - anywhere, OK
Me too! I haven't lost anything in awhile. Very frustrtating. I hope I will lose 100 by march, but am doubtful. I am thankful for what I have lost though, I never could have done it with out wls. Like you I keep going up and down the same few. At least we know we are not alone. Good luck to all.
mssgrnspc1972
on 1/4/05 10:38 am - Killeen, TX
Same here I am 6 months out and I have only lost 60 lbs. I was discouraged I am not happy that you are not losing weight but it is comforting to know that I am not alone. We will get there I wanted to have lost at least 85 lbs by now. We will get there with prayer and determination. Tasha
tcarol
on 1/4/05 10:56 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Abby and everyone who has replied. I too am in the same boat, I have lost 67 lbs since my June 10th surgery. In the last 2 months I have lost about 7 of those pounds. I know I need to exercise more seriously to get anymore weight off. I am feeling extremely good though. My initial goal for surgery was to get my blood sugars under control. Before surgery, I was diabetic and unable to control my blood sugars, I had high blood pressure and my cholestrol levels weren't the best. Now, not only are my blood sugars normal I no longer am required to take any diabetic medications or blood pressure medications. In December I had my 6 month blood work done and they were all Normal!!!! My primary care physician was ecstatic with my progress. I would like to lose another 25 - 30 lbs, and I'm confident with consistant exercise, I will get there. Hang in there and keep up the good work. Terri
Pinky1030
on 1/5/05 3:53 am - Mediapolis, IA
Revision on 06/24/14
People usually only post such great losses, and it makes me feel better to know I am not alone. I am thrilled to have lost 65 lbs, and hope to lose at least 75-100 more. Thanks for your input. It helps!
kr1sta1ynn
on 1/5/05 4:50 am - wichita, ks
don't feel frustrated...when in your lifetime have you been able to loose weight at the rate you have since the surgery. Remember that some people have LOTS of weight to loose, so their percentage of excess weight loss is probably about the same as you, but the actual pounds lost may be greater. We are all a bunch of loosers, just some are bigger loosers because they are bigger to start with!
pinkpetunias
on 1/8/05 3:35 am - Duvall, WA
I was looking at my profile and I saw the link to the June surgery page and I thought I would I would have a looksse. Boy am I glad I did. I have been so depressed because I have only lost 70 lbs since my June 23rd surgery! During November and December there was food everywhere and I swear I tried some of everything. I even got up two nights at 3 a.m. to eat. Even if I dumped I wuld be right back at it! All that crazy dysfunctional behavior I thought was gone! I am still excitied about losing 70 lbs but like many of you have said I thought it would be down like 100 lbs by now. I still want to lose about 70 lbs more. Thanks for the posts they really help!
angela D.
on 1/8/05 4:35 pm - belmont, WV
look at it not as your failing but that you are gaining a whole new person inside and how you feel, don't be discouraged because you will get passed it, im stuck right now too, seems like alot of the june surgery people have hit a plateau we all new it was coming (but still hate it) i wish you luck and everyone else too,we should all try not worrying about it so much and concentrate on how we feel and maybe they weight will drop and we wont even know it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views