Anyone with a hernia?

bubbleboo K.
on 12/21/04 2:33 am - anywhere, OK
I have one that is growing by the day. I went to the surgeon yesterday and it will have to be fixed, can't wait until tt. He will be able to do it lap, I am glad for that. The real bummer is I will not be able to work out, but the good news is I am still dropping pounds. I am down 82 so far or as of my last weigh in. I am doing great otherwise. Merry Christmas!
tcarol
on 12/22/04 12:05 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
I have had 4 umbilical hernia surgeries before having my RNY. It's important that it is done laproscopically because if it is done open the muscles surrounding the incision to fix the hernia can become week and cause another hernia. Be prepared for discomfort and plan on having lots of pillows nearby at home. They are helpful when you have to cough, place the pillow over your hernia repair to soften the movement of your muscles during the cough. Also they are helpful to keep you proped up in bed during your recovery. It's hard to move from a lying down position to sitting up, so if you can stay somewhat proped up, you'll be more comfortable. I wish you the best of luck! Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views