Stuck again - I think......

Evelyn A.
on 12/20/04 4:58 am - Hayward, CA
Hi June Bugs! I just love reading all your success stories - it really makes my day. Just by doing so I see that I am right there along with everyone else. My surgery was on June 24, 2004. That is the day my whole life changed. I am down 85lbs!!!! I just love life now!!!! I have literally gotten rid of 10 huge bags of clothes that were waaaaaaaaay too big. I have gone from a 3-4x to a 18-20. Today, for the first time in 4-5 years (kinda lost track) I am wearing a skirt. I can't believe how good it feels. I am going to surprise my whole family this weekend. My kids & I are going to some family reunions with folks I have not seen since last Christmas, I can hardly wait. They will be really shocked to see me this year. I can't wait to see the look on their faces. Now I know that with the holidays & everything, weight loss has kinda slowed down for me a little. Actually I have gained 2 lbs back since the 10th of this month. Is this normal??? Can it be because it is almost 'that time"?? Yes, there have been alot of 'food' festivities at my job & I did nibble on some.....but then I have been kinda stuck. I am see-sawing between 238 & 240lbs. I know 2 lbs.....but 2lbs is 2lbs for me now. It is really important for me to take those 2lbs off. I have tried only salads at lunch time. I have tried not eating & just staying on liquids (you know protein shakes) so that my body can cleanse it self, but to no avail. I do make sure that I do get all of my protien daily, no matter what. I have hit a few plateaus and it seems to take forever for the scale to move again. However, I must admit, I have a very bad habit of getting on the scale almost every morning, so I don't think I give it a chance......Can anyone else share with me how they got over their plateau ordeals?? Any words of advice???? Thanks in advance & God Bless you all this Holiday Season!!! Merry Christmas!!!! Evelyn In California 324/240/???
Yvette M.
on 12/20/04 11:25 am - Essex, MD
Congrats !! on being a big loser. Have you tried the snack pack light tuna meals. They come with tuna, light mayo, relish, napkin, spoon and a mint ...lol they work for me I eat them quit often for lunch 18w/10misses
Lpaekc
on 12/20/04 1:30 pm - Montague, MI
Hi Evelyn, Im stuck again too! and I have been exercising my butt off. Try keeping your measurements that can help... also staying off that scale which is easier said than done I know trust me! lol I'll make a deal with you if you don't get on the scale I won't till 2005! Patti, in Montague Michigan
Nancy M.
on 12/21/04 11:17 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
Congratulations on your weight loss. I've only had one plateau at about 5 weeks out that lasted about 3 weeks. During that time, I was losing inches. I am convinced that the more I eat the more I lose. I know that does not make sense, but over Thanksgiving I ate all I wanted including pumpkin pie and lost 3 pounds that week. Before that I was losing around 1 pound a week. I am still eating a lot less than I did before having the surgery and I never plan to go back to my old eating habits. Perhaps you are not eating enough calories to keep your body from going into starvation mode and hanging onto your fat. Chart your calorie intake for a couple of weeks and see how much you are eating.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views