6 Month weigh in June Bugs !!!

B.J.
on 12/18/04 9:28 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Wow Krista, you are doing awesomely well, can't wait for you to update your pix!! -BJ
Angela G.
on 12/19/04 5:54 am - Campobello, sc
Hi, June Bugs!! Life has been so great since I had my surgery. I have lost 73 lbs. from 261lbs. to 188 lbs. It is exciting to watch the scale move. I am still working on getting more water in. Some days I get it all in and some days I dont. I cant wait until this summer I am already talking about all the fun I am going to have going swimming with my kids! Congratulations everyone!!
Mrs. P.
on 12/20/04 8:50 am - South Orange County, CA
Hi all! I am celebrating my 6 month anniversary on the 22nd of this month. I am 5'5" tall and I weighed 231lbs on the day of my surgery Are you ready for this? I weigh 138lbs as of this morning. I was a size 20 (tight) and I am currently wearing size 6 jeans! HOLY COW! I am so happy I had this surgery. I have lost a TON of hair, although as it falls out others are growing back so hopefully I won't end up bald. My skin is doing well other than my breasts (way down there by my ankles) and my stretched out tummy (I had 3 kids and was fat). I feel like my old self again. Most people don't even recognize me but I have no problem re-introducing myself. Hope all of you are as happy as I am. Thanks Dr. Q & Dr. Dallall.
Ivy P.
on 12/26/04 1:25 am - Greenwood, SC
6-Month Anniversary will be on the 28th and I have gone from 305 to 197 so I am down 108 lbs. was so difficult in the beginning. I am starting to feel awhole lot better now!! I am enjoying the new look and feel! I have gone from a size 26-28 being tight to a size 18 and large in tops from a 3x and I am wearing a size 8 shoe down from a size 10!!! I still want to lose 50-60 lbs. but, also know that if I did not lose another lb. the surgery was a success!! Ivy Cox Prough
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 8:52 pm
Today is my 6 month anniversary. My appointment is not until 11 January, but my scale is saying I have lost 82 pounds so far. I can definitely deal with that! My hair loss has stopped and it was never really major... Thank God I have lots of hair, so I had some to spare Angie http://www.geocities.com/tiger_angie
B.J.
on 12/28/04 9:41 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Today, the 29th, is my 6-month anniversary as well. I had a goal of getting into the Century Club, but I've missed it by 8 stinking pounds, LOL!!! After a long plateau, this morning the scale finally dropped a bit (good thing because I was really getting discouraged). So I am down to 208 from original weight of 300. I'm ecstatic! I continue to struggle with this whole WLS thing, though, as I don't feel my experience is at all typical. I have been able to eat large amounts of food from the very beginning, I have NO restriction whatsoever, no dumping either. The only reason I'm losing at all, in my opinion, is because I'm counting calories and measuring portions. So in reality, it feels like just another "diet" to me and I'm a bit frustrated that I don't have full use of the "tool" that everyone else has I am going to continue pursuing this matter with my surgeon (who thinks I'm just experiencing "head hunger"). I have been researching new procedures to repair enlarged stomas and hopefully he will be open to discussing all of this with me at my next check-in. At the very least, I want to demand some GI tests be run for my peace of mind, as I've really experienced periods of self-doubt and feeling like a total failure, especially when I read where other folks are "full" after 2-4 oz. of dense foods, whereas I can eat 10x that if I don't stop myself. I just never feel full, am hungry within an hour or so after eating my measured amounts. Something just ain't right! Best wishes to you all for a safe and happy New Year! -BJ (-92 despite it all!) 300/208/150???
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 11:42 pm
Yes, you should pursue it. I don't believe you should feel hungry so soon after eating. I also have issues with eating more than I thought I could. I haven't done the "cottage cheese test" to see how big my pouch is, but I definitely eat more than 3-4 oz before I start getting full... how much exactly, I have no idea (but I know it's working, 'cause I am losing the weight)... I do feel satisfied for a while after eating though... Now, the main thing is to remember that the surgery is only a small part of the whole equation. Our whole mentality/attitude has to change. The surgery is only providing us with assistance to do what we needed to be doing all along. One thing for me is sweets. I have to police myself because I also have not experienced dumping. So I know it's on me to not get complacent with sweets if I want to succeed. Also, if I'm sitting at home watching TV, or just doing nothing, then I start thinking... what can I munch on? I really have to watch that, because then I would be snacking like in the old days and totally sabotaging the process. I do sometimes, and try not to feel guilty about it So, old habits are hard to break, but we must. OK, off my soapbox... Angie http://www.geocities.com/tiger_angie
Kougar K.
on 12/29/04 11:39 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm 6 months out today. I'm 5'9", started at 261 lbs. Now I'm down to 186, loss of 75 lbs. My goad is 160 lbs, and I'm just overweight now, not obese. Cool-sounding, eh? Hair loss was heavy, but seems to have slowed down--don't notice regrowth yet. Wearing size 16 (down from 22/24). I wear 11 in shoes, and I don't know that my foot size has changed, but my energy is great. It was wonderful during the Christmas holiday to be able to decorate and run from activity to activity and clean and cook and bake hundreds of cookies and not get tired. Used to be my feet would kill me after an hour baking. I'm not really "counting" my protein, but I am concentrating on eating mostly protein. I know my water intake isn't as high as it should be, and the exercise is sporadic. Thought I was getting a treadmill for Christmas--NOT. I could tolerate some sweets during the holiday, as long as it was on top of real food...can't eat them on an empty stomach. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep it up!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views