Six Month Checkup

Faye O.
on 12/7/04 9:29 am - Middleport, OH
Well, it's been six months since surgery and today was weigh-in day. So far, i've lost 90 lbs.... I just can't believe it!! The time has gone by so quickly, and i'm loving it! Dr. Grandia says i'm 52% to goal weight, but to expect that the weight loss will start slowing down during the next 6 months. Exercise is the key to keeping away the plateau monsters, i've noticed. Everything went well with the check up and i'm right on track. I also went to a support meeting last night and won some Vitamist B-12 vitamins. If anyone is interested in checking out these vitamins, please go to www.vitamist.com for more information. I can't wait to see where i'm at in another six months...this is all so cool, I feel great, have lots of energy, and i'm enjoying the holiday season so much more than I have for years. Thank you God for this surgery and the support I get from all of you. Have a wonderful Christmas, and blessed New Year!
SAM B.
on 12/7/04 10:06 am - Reading, MA
Congradulations on your 6 month check up! Wow what success 90 pounds down and running. You sound realy happy. Remember to take time out for yourself and selfishness is a good thing. Don't abandon yourself during the holiday season. Careful what you eat too. Those pounds can come on quickly if we don'****ch ourselves to build disipline. Stay focused on geting more energy during the winter time. It is a hard and depressing time for lack of daylight savings time. Keep following your goals to maintain your needs. The focus always hould be why you had the operation. Never to forget those feelings of being fat. It can connect you to other parts of your recovery. These new paths will open up to continue your success. So in closing, celebrate your wonderful success of weight loss. We members are only a web page or email away to help through any tuff angles of the post surgery phase. We are your family and I send you the warmiest holiday greetings. Have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Buy yourself something wonderful this season because you have gone a terrific job! Sam Best [email protected]
Lpaekc
on 12/7/04 1:27 pm - Montague, MI
Great news Faye way to go! I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year! I go tomarrow for my 6 month check. I'll be posting! Patti, in Montague
Kevin B.
on 12/7/04 11:20 pm - Lansing, Mi
Congratulations, Faye!!!!! It's a blessing to have the surgery but remember that you put in a lot of hard blood, sweat, and tears to rid your body of those 90lbs and you should really pat yourself on the back. Also, I would suggest that you consider treating yourself when you hit the century mark because you deserve recognition for reaching that key milestone. Thanks for the great news from another June WLS bug! Kevin
ANDRE' D.
on 12/8/04 10:56 pm - JOPLIN, MO
Hi I haven't posted for awhile. But I am down to 179 to 181 kinda of bouncing back and forth right now with the Holidays. I would of course like to lose more but if I didn't I would be happy. I can eat a little of what ever I want. I was 252 when I went in for my surgery I am 5' 1". I have none of the problems I started out with. I was to the point I couldn't walk without pain. Now I can carry my 12month old grandson into a store without pain and before if there wasn't a cart around I couldn't even stop. I just didn't take the little guy anywere now I take him everywhere. I am very happy and if I didn't lose more it would all still be worth it. But I am still losing just a little slower. I need to change my picture because I look like a different person. Merry Christmas to all.
Rose V.
on 12/8/04 4:08 am - Westampton, NJ
Faye Congrats on your six month check up, I to am going to have my 6 month check up this friday. According to my scale I have lost 77lbs. I am finally in a straight size 14 (yahoo). I never thought it would happen by wls surgery paid off. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful holiday season. rose
AngieM
on 12/8/04 8:10 am - Somewhere in, Pa
Wooohooo!! Happy dance and Congrats!! My surgery was June 3 and I started out at 303 pounds. As of this morning, I am at 194 lbs!!!! Total of -109 pounds!!!! I am still losing hair by the handfuls, and if it does not stop soon, I may have none left. Other then that, I feel WONDERFUL! I do seem to have this regular cycle where I do not lose for a week or two, then I lose a few pounds, then I do not lose again.... you get the picture. Hugs, Ang 303/194/150?
AngieM
on 12/8/04 8:12 am - Somewhere in, Pa
oops!! I was congrats to you, but thought this was a six month check in for everyone..LOL Sorry guys!! UUGH..I REALLY need a new pic up there HUgs, Ang
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views